C-sections
Options

if you've had more than one c-section

With my first i was induced and was not able to deliver so i had a c-section however i had already had pain meds that day so they wheeled me to OR and i didnt feel when they put in my spinal block. So my question is what happens when you go in for a scheduled one? Will i feel the spinal block or do they numb the area first?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerPregnancy Ticker

Re: if you've had more than one c-section

• Options
    I felt the needle go in all 3 times so far, but it wasn't a bad pain. It was like they were injecting me with warm liquid........if that makes any sense.
    image Mommy to Barbara 11/8/05, Elisabeth 5/13/07, Loukas 12/23/08 and Lazarus 09/25/12
  • Options
    I was numbed for all of my spinals. I've had three c/s.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've had 2 c-sections.  I don't really remember the first one, but it must have been fine because I have a great memory of it.  With the second one, it was awesome.  I didn't even feel the needle going in.  The anesthesiologist was great!
    m/c - Dec 2005, DS - March 27, 2007, m/c - Oct 2009, DD - Feb 20, 2012

Proud mother of two breech babies:)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I got the numbing medicine both times.

The first time I felt nothing. The anastesiologist was kickass. The second time I felt a little pressure but nothing painful or anything. He hit the wrong spot and I had a spinal headache. That anastesiologist was a douche.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    With my spinal, they put a cold mixture of stuff on my back to clean it off. Then I had a shot of stuff to numb the area. That pinched a little bit but the nurse was there helping me keep still. After letting the numbing stuff set, my spinal went it. I felt the pressure and some pinching in my back (I assume it was a nerve that was poked) and then my legs got hot and heavy and slowly I went numb. They tested me before they started and then it was all up hill from there, before I knew it baby boy was out and ready to play.
  • Options
    They'll numb the area first.  To me, the numbing shot felt like a bee sting and it hurt pretty bad.  The actual spinal felt kind of like they were injecting warm water into my lower body, kind of cool yet kind of creepy.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I can't remember if they numbed the area first or not but all I felt the second time around was a little pinch.  Didn't hurt much at all.  I walked into the OR and got on the table myself which was a huge change from the first time around because it was an unplanned c-section. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers image
  • Options
    cs1007cs1007 member

LIke PP said, they numb it...You can still feel the needles, which is a tad uncomfortable but feels like a warm tingle...

• Options

imageMichelleL1118:
    They'll numb the area first.  To me, the numbing shot felt like a bee sting and it hurt pretty bad.  The actual spinal felt kind of like they were injecting warm water into my lower body, kind of cool yet kind of creepy.  

Thats exactly how I described it also with my first child. They gave me the epi and I was good to go but the cord was wrapped around my childs throat twice so they did an emergency c-section. With my second, I went into labor naturally the night before my c-section and made me labor without meds for 8+ hours. It was ridiculous. I dont even remember getting numbed up for surgery. The on call dr was also the one who left blood and tissue in my uterus, I ended up with a staff infection that almost took my life. My OB and I both thought we werent going to be able to have more kids because we had been trying for over a year and also have the second surgery within two weeks of my c-section left alot of scar tissue.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"