1st Trimester
Options

10 week ultrasound... wow!

When did you have your first u/s??  Did you have more than one??

I had my first OB appointment on Tuesday, and he couldn't find the heartbeat with the dopler.  We are also unsure about when we conceived, and so he mentioned we would have an u/s to determine our weeks.  I assumed we'd have to make another appointment and go to the hospital for an u/s, but he says "come down the hall with me."  What?  Awesome!  I had heard the office had a small u/s machine (not the fancy one like at the hospital), but had kind of forgotten about it.  Anyway.  We get in there and he is looking around, and I was starting to get the feeling of "uh oh... maybe this is time for get ready for a disappointment."  But, he says "see there..."  Um.... no... But then I could make out the TINY body and the fast little heart.  So wonderful and SMALL!  In Canada we don't have our "scheduled" u/s until 20 weeks (unless for other medical reasons of course they do them earlier).  Anyway.  I was amazed.  At 20 wks seeing my previous two children was awesome and it is SO obviously a baby, but not so much at 10 weeks. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: 10 week ultrasound... wow!

• Options
    With my first pregnacy I had many ultrasounds (one every other week)  and every single ultrasound was just as amazing and wonderful as the one before : ) I can't wait to see this one!!  And CONGRATS!
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I had my ultrasound at 7 weeks. My gyno/OB wanted to confirm the pregnancy and due date. We saw the heartbeat, which was incredible! I knew it wouldn't look like much of anything but a bean, so I didn't expect much of a reaction, but we were on Cloud 9 the rest of the day (over the next several days, actually).
    Lilypie - (KUub)  Lilypie - (x7FR)

Daisypath - (cVUA)   Daisypath - (CnD8)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    That is wonderful!! At my ob they do a dating u/s after confirming pregnancy (between 7-9 weeks) and then an a/s at 19-22 weeks.  NT scans are optional and anything else is extra if needed!! I had my first one at 7w4d. Not again until 19 weeks on 7/10!! woo!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I had one at 6 weeks and will have another one next week at 8 weeks. It was really neat seeing the baby and it's heart beating.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    imageHappyMama30:

When did you have your first u/s??  Did you have more than one??

I had my first OB appointment on Tuesday, and he couldn't find the heartbeat with the dopler.  We are also unsure about when we conceived, and so he mentioned we would have an u/s to determine our weeks.  I assumed we'd have to make another appointment and go to the hospital for an u/s, but he says "come down the hall with me."  What?  Awesome!  I had heard the office had a small u/s machine (not the fancy one like at the hospital), but had kind of forgotten about it.  Anyway.  We get in there and he is looking around, and I was starting to get the feeling of "uh oh... maybe this is time for get ready for a disappointment."  But, he says "see there..."  Um.... no... But then I could make out the TINY body and the fast little heart.  So wonderful and SMALL!  In Canada we don't have our "scheduled" u/s until 20 weeks (unless for other medical reasons of course they do them earlier).  Anyway.  I was amazed.  At 20 wks seeing my previous two children was awesome and it is SO obviously a baby, but not so much at 10 weeks. 

That is awesome. Its always exciting to see a heartbeat.

ummmmm what province are you in??? I have always had a ultrasound at 9-12 weeks and every person I have known has as well.   I was in Ontario.

• Options

With my first by OBGYN office does the first appointment with an ultrasound, PAP, and bloodwork.  This is done between 8-10 weeks.  We then had another for the sex of the baby 19-22 weeks.  Then I did not have another till we were in the hospital. 

I am pregnant again and will not have one till week 9. 

As long as we find a heartbeat every appointment (no problem in the past pregnancy) and no medical there is no need for multiple ultrasounds. 

2nd EDD 02/01/13 - MC 5 1/2 weeks 6/5/12. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"