January 2013 Moms
Options

Impossible Cravings

For a week, I have been craving a ripe, juicy peach. You know, the kind that drips down your chin when you eat it. We live in northern michigan so this is next to impossible right now. I bought some from georgia at the grocery store and I eat one every day hoping its finally gonna be ripe and they just taste bad even though they are soft. I hope this craving doesn't last till peaches are actually in season here.

What are you craving that you can't have? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Impossible Cravings

• Options
    Have you tried frozen peaches?? 
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

It takes a special amount of bitch to induce menstruation in another person. - LovelyRitaMeterMaid

Rap Roller
  • Options
    Craving sushi so freaking bad.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    maybe try some frozen peaches! they taste pretty yummy :) and nothing here yet.
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Sausage/bacon...I'm avoiding it since nitrates are supposed to be really bad for the baby.

But all weekend we went out with our friends and I felt like I had to avoid EVERYTHING (bacon wrapped figs, bratwurst, salumi and cheese plates). Obviously being PG is so worth it though - not that big a deal. But once I give birth I am totally rocking a sausage, egg, and cheese breakfast sandwich!

5 IUIs to get BFP w/baby #1
    3 IUIs to get BFP w/baby #2
    Lost baby #2 at nearly 12 weeks (D&C on 9/19/14)
  • Options

Try Whole Foods, I recently got a very good peach from there. 

I am in Colorado, so it is by no means Peach season here either.

Baby Boy born on 1/14/13
  • Options
    I don't think I've had any cravings yet
  • Options
    erkieerkie member

imageLaurelBee:
    Have you tried frozen peaches?? 

I canned and froze peaches last fall. But, they don't cut it for me right now. Its not the same as the fresh peaches that spill juice all over when you eat them...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    erkieerkie member
    imagelulamagoo:

Try Whole Foods, I recently got a very good peach from there. 

I am in Colorado, so it is by no means Peach season here either.

Oh man, I so would, but the nearest whole foods is like 3 or 4 hours away!! I am going to my aunt and uncle's in metro Detroit for a wedding shower this weekend, so there has to be one that I can talk my mom into detouring to...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

imageungraceful13:

THIS. I'm going on 4 weeks of no sushi and I'm really not happy about it!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BFP #1 5/12/12; EDD 1/20/13; Eliana Grace born 1/25/13

BFP #2 12/11/13; EDD 8/23/14; M/C 6 weeks

BFP #3 4/3/14; EDD 12/13/14

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Ham and cream cheese rolls! I can have them, but it takes more effort to make them because I need to steam/boil the lunch meat first.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

I wonder if slicing up a ripe peach and putting just the tiniest amount of salt on it will help at all.  If we had peaches here, I'd give it a try because that sounds really appetizing to me right now. 

I'm craving Taco Bell, and unfortunately, my nearest Taco Bell is several countries away!  I don't think I'll be getting my fix until I'm back in the US, and I don't know when that will be.  Ho-hum..

I don't think my cravings are pregnancy related though.. I pretty much crave the nast that is Taco Bell on a daily basis, and have for the last 15 years or so.   

BFP #1 26May12 - EDD 27Jan13 - DX blighted ovum 12Jul12 - M/C 2Aug12 
    BFP #2 13Jan13 - EDD 22Sep13 - DD born 20Sep2013!
    BFP #3 23Jul15 - EDD 1Apr16 - 
  • Options

Wow - now I'm seriously craving a ripe, juicy peach more than I probably ever have in my whole life. I think I'll go peach crazy this summer now :) Yummmmmmmmmmmm.  

Other cravings that I can't have - well it's not that I can't have it in small quantities - and I do via chocolate kisses here and there... but caffeine.... Coca Cola form.  Not Diet Coke or Coke Zero or anything else - a frothy, yummy, ice cold Coke.  I gave up all caffeine as soon as I found out I was pregnant (and had seriously reduced my intake prior).  And I haven't drank even caffeine free sodas in a long, long time.  But every now and then..... oh how I want a Coke. 

dream 1 CAME TRUE 2.13.2010

<dream 2> 12.2011

2.10.12 : 4 weeks

6.17.12 : 10 weeks

10.10.12 : 4 weeks, 6 days

12.13.12 : 9 weeks, 1 day

4.6.13 : 4 weeks, 4 days

10.27.13 : 5 weeks, 6 days

4.2.14 (IVF #1) : 4 weeks, 1 day

6.19.14 : IVF #2 Negative

</dream 2>

resolve.org

AMA, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, heterozygous MTHFR

"all it was was a fairytale and devotion to a dream"

lyrics

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    ***All always welcome!!***

• Options
    dlbrousdlbrous member
    Me. Want. Sushi.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Options
    imagebrittandjp:

imageungraceful13:

THIS. I'm going on 4 weeks of no sushi and I'm really not happy about it!

Third that! I really miss sushi. Today I saw a groupon for my fave sushi place, made me sad.

• Options
    erkieerkie member
    imageanitaflora:

Wow - now I'm seriously craving a ripe, juicy peach more than I probably ever have in my whole life. I think I'll go peach crazy this summer now :) Yummmmmmmmmmmm.  

Sorry!! Also, totally feeling you on the coke thing. I gave up caffeine, too. I don't miss coffee because it would wreak havoc with my stomach, but sometimes when I am ridiculously nauseous, I feel like a coke would be amazing...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    erkieerkie member
    imageTKtravels:

I wonder if slicing up a ripe peach and putting just the tiniest amount of salt on it will help at all.  If we had peaches here, I'd give it a try because that sounds really appetizing to me right now. 

Oh my god, it totally worked !! Not *quite* the same, but definitely much closer than I have gotten so far!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imagenycitygirl1:

Sausage/bacon...I'm avoiding it since nitrates are supposed to be really bad for the baby.

But all weekend we went out with our friends and I felt like I had to avoid EVERYTHING (bacon wrapped figs, bratwurst, salumi and cheese plates). Obviously being PG is so worth it though - not that big a deal. But once I give birth I am totally rocking a sausage, egg, and cheese breakfast sandwich!

Now you're talkin'!

Formerly knittylady
    DH:34 - Me: 33
    Emmaline Winifred - 1.25.2013
    Wesley Daniel - 7.24.2014
    #3 EDD - 6.24.2018

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Sweet tea.  Too much sugar, and I've seriously minimized the caffeine intake.  I do have the weirdest cravings now - not "peanut butter and pickles" weirdness, but serious, sudden cravings urges.  More like I'm-Going-To-Get-Stabby-If-Someone-Doesn't-Produce-Some-Cocoa-Puffs (or a green apple, or a piece of toast with strawberry jam) type craving.  Sudden, intense, and insistent.... for about 10 minutes.  Argh, it's so weird.
  • Options

imageungraceful13:

Good news! It's ok in moderation :) 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm a little confused...you guys do know you can have some caffeine and sushi (well certain types I guess? I know not all is made with raw fish) in moderation right? You don't even have to google, just look it up right here on The Bump.
  • Options
    erkieerkie member

imagehansonam446:
    I'm a little confused...you guys do know you can have some caffeine and sushi (well certain types I guess? I know not all is made with raw fish) in moderation right? You don't even have to google, just look it up right here on The Bump.

Some sushi is fine (the stuff with cooked meat or vegetarian) but its not okay to eat raw fish or eel or whatever. Also, I have made a personal choice to not drink caffeine because I am super sensitive to it (anything after lunch will keep me up at night), just as my mom is and it is likely that his baby will be too. So, even in moderation that would be too much for me!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imageerkie:

imagehansonam446:

Some sushi is fine (the stuff with cooked meat or vegetarian) but its not okay to eat raw fish or eel or whatever. Also, I have made a personal choice to not drink caffeine because I am super sensitive to it (anything after lunch will keep me up at night), just as my mom is and it is likely that his baby will be too. So, even in moderation that would be too much for me!

Ahhh ok, makes sense! I know when I first found out my husband snatched my diet coke from me! I was relieved to see I could have some caffeine but I've never been a sushi person so sorry ladies!

• Options

I too am a lover of good old fashioned coca cola. Luckily, thanks to the fact that my sister is KU too, I have found that caffeine free (not sugar free) coke tastes exactly the same. I still moderate the amount I drink b/c of those sugar calories but its better than getting super cranky b/c I NEED a coke!

There are tons of recipes on the web for gluten free desserts. There are even gluten free cake mixes in the health food section of many grocery stores. I've tried a few gluten free desserts and they're actually pretty good if done right!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"