Breastfeeding
Options

she's hungry, I have very little milk

I have stopped dairy and soy. today there is very little in my very mushy breasts and she is refusing Nutramigen. she seemed to like it fine yesterday and two days ago. I don't have any pumped milk, because I had to pitch what small amount I ended up being able to pump. now what? 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: she's hungry, I have very little milk

• Options
    Let her nurse a lot it will up your supply and she'll get something.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
  • Options
    mvhydemvhyde member

Drink lots of water, eat oatmeal, take fenugreek, get enough calories. If you need to just stay in bed and relax and nurse her in bed with you. Rest is very important to get your supply back.

If she gets fussy try massaging your breast to increase the flow at the breast. Then switch sides if she gets fussy and wants more. Then keep switching till she isn't fussing anymore. 

For me, even just cutting down on the dairy in my diet helped immediately so she may not be as fussy now that you have less casein in your milk.

HTH! Good luck! You are trying super hard and making big lifestyle changes for your little girl so go easy on yourself.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

thank you. I am/was freaking out because things were going well this morning. she actually had two non-green diapers for a change, and seemed happy. she's been sleeping for a couple of hours now, so no chance for fussiness. 

I remember this happening to my milk with the 6-week growth spurt and a couple other occasions when I couldn't pump more than 2 oz over 4 days, but was able to feed her plenty at the breast. you're right, I have to try to relax, and keep her at the breast, and I'm sure my supply will be back tomorrow. it's hard... and I know I have to watch for her wet diapers, but during sleep she doesn't pee, for some reason. then pees up a storm a little after she wakes up. much harder than I thought. thanks again.

eta: the vicious cycle of stress and no milk. ugh... 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"