Late Term and Child Loss

Now what?

I lost my twin girls 2 months ago to what they thing was I.C. and preterm labor. Last week I had to get a 2nd D & C due to retained tissue and multiple infections. While they were performing my D & C they perforated my uterus and had to terminate the surgery early due to tissue being so adhered to my uterine wall. My OB told me that I still have tissue in there. I go back in 2 weeks for a ultrasound. They have mentioned using mexotrexate as a last ditch effort. This has been 9 weeks of hell.

Is this nightmare ever going to end. Will my uterus ever be normal & healthy again? Will I be able to bring a healthy child into this world? I know there isn't a answer...I'm just ready to throw the towel in at this point.

Me:28 DH:30 TTC since 8/2011 BFP 12/5/11 Spontaneous fraternal twins EDD 8/16/12 Loss at 19 weeks 5 days due to I.C. and preterm labor. 1st D & C 3/23/12, 2nd D & C (due to retained tissue) 5/18/12 which resulted in a perforated uterus and hematoma). TTCAL since 9/2012. Mackenzie Grace & Sydney Adelle our sweet angels. May you always fly together. 3-22-12.

Re: Now what?

• I'm so sorry for your loss. You have every right to be frustrated. I had a similar experience, strangely - birth at 18w followed by D&E for retained placenta, accidental uterus perforation during surgery, infection (still ongoing), etc. It's like adding insult to injury. Don't give up yet, but give yourself some time to heal and get past all this crap!

I hope you find some support and good info from the ladies on this board. 

**Warning: Losses and living child mentioned**
    BFP#1 1/31/12, EDD 10/6/12 Harrison Gray born sleeping @ 18w6d. You changed our lives little guy.
    BFP#2 EDD 10/29/13, C/P 2/25/13, Bye little Ish, we barely got to know you.
    BFP#3 EDD 12/21/13, Baby Boots born 11/23/13 My rainbow baby!

imageView Full Size Imageimageimage
    January PAL Siggy Challenge: Good Advice

• I am really sorry you have to go through this!! I can only amagine your frustrates and fears for the future!! Just try to take it one day at a time.... I know easier said than done!!  Know that we are here to listen!! {{{HUGS}}

BFP#1 9/7/11 EDD 7/23/11 mc @21 weeks caused severe bladder obstruction on 3/14/12
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    BFP #2 9/9/12 EDD 7/19/13 started to mc @ 8w1d on 12/7/12 ended up with d&c 12/18/12, stopped developing @5w5ds

Unexplained IF
    BFP#3 3/3/14 After 1st iui and clomid cycle
    beta 1: 137 beta 2: 268
    Beta 3:1248
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

****Hoping for a rainbow baby!!!****
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Loading the player...
  • I am so sorry, doodles. My thoughts are with you and your DH.

Our Angel Patricia born sleeping 3/30/12 at 31 weeks
    Our Fighter Anna born early 1/8/13 at 26 weeks
    Hoping to bring home #3 due 9/9/15
  • ehlersmehlersm member
    I am so sorry you are going through this. There is nothing I can say to make it better, but you will be in my thoughts.
  • foxxy1foxxy1 member
    I'm really sorry, doodles. There's nothing I can say but I just wanted to let you know I'm here for you. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • CaroleeCarolee member
    I'm so sorry for the loss of your daughters and for what you're going through now.  Sending you (((HUGS))). 
    Mom to Eliott Alexander, born sleeping at 37 weeks on 8/13/10. Most of us only dream of angels - I held one in my arms.
    BFP #2 - EDD 2/26/12 M/C 6/28/11 @ 5w2d
    BFP #3 - EDD 4/7/12 M/C 8/2/11 @ 4w2d
    Too beautiful for this earth
    BFP #4 - EDD 12/09/12, Lucille arrived 11/26/12
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Mackenzie Grace and Sydney Adelle.

Today has gotten better....just needed to "cry" it out.

Tomorrow will be better. Thanks for all of you "getting" what I'm going through.

Me:28 DH:30 TTC since 8/2011 BFP 12/5/11 Spontaneous fraternal twins EDD 8/16/12 Loss at 19 weeks 5 days due to I.C. and preterm labor. 1st D & C 3/23/12, 2nd D & C (due to retained tissue) 5/18/12 which resulted in a perforated uterus and hematoma). TTCAL since 9/2012. Mackenzie Grace & Sydney Adelle our sweet angels. May you always fly together. 3-22-12.
  • pb127pb127 member
    I'm sorry doodles!!  It's just not fair, I'm so sorry! :-( (((hugs)))
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    ? to Loss+M/PL+TTCAL+PgAL+PAL

PgAL/PAL welcome
  • I'm so sorry you are going through this. I know I have felt like there was a black cloud looming over me and family right after we lost Jacob. I hope things will turn around soon and you will get some answers for yourself. ((HUGS))
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"