Cloth Diapering
Options

What is your diaper pail/wet bag setup?

We have gone through a few options - a plastic flip top trash can (too smelly), a little Cosco pail (too small), a wet bag hanging from the doorknob (too gross - got covered w poo and had to be washed every time I washed diapers, and it was a pain to wash)  

I want to try something else but don't want another dud system... Do you like your setup? I thought about getting another diaper champ (we use some disposables and use a diaper champ for them) and making a simple wet bag that could be washed each time...but not sure. Need inspiration!! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: What is your diaper pail/wet bag setup?

• Options
    lindy27lindy27 member
    I am using a wet bag that can be washed in the washer with the diapers every time.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    I just use a laundry basket.  I have not had any stink issues and I wash every other day.  I wipe it out with white vinegar as needed.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm getting the Ubbi pail.

They're fairly small but will fill a load of laundry, we're getting two machine washable bags to go in them so when we're doing laundry we'll have another one ready in the room.  We're getting a second for garbage and just using normal garbage bags with that one (for disposable wipes ect.)

They're cute, and metal (so they don't let the smells soak into the actual pail like plastic, the top just seals close. I've heard nothing but good reviews.

The're about $80 so it does depend on budget. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I hang a wet bag on the closet handle and when it gets full we empty it in the washer and throw the wet bag in with it so my wet bags get washed every time I use them. Honestly I just find it easier that way.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

We use wetbags with no issue. I think it's the easiest and most space efficient.

I'm confused about the difficulties of washing a wetbag, it should just go in with your diapers right?

FotoFlexer_Photo-1 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagelindy27:
    I am using a wet bag that can be washed in the washer with the diapers every time.

Yup.  This.

I have an "at home" and an "on the go" on that gets emptied when we get home.

• Options
    imagemrscjmb9410:

We have a swing top trash can (plastic) with planetwise pail liner and CDing FT since 1 week old and we wash EOD.

I just wash the pail liner with the dipes(we have two pail liners) and hang it to dry.

Have not had any smell issues and DH has even got the routine down.

Same here.  2 pail liners and 2 med. wet bags I always wash with the dipes.

BFP 2/14/08, DD1 born 10/11/08 (natural); BFP 5/16/10, DD2 born 01/12/11 (c/s, breech)
    TTC #3: BFP 4/27/12, Ectopic 5/16/12 Expectant Management, 8/15/12 Cleared to TTC
    BFP 9/25/12 EDD 6/6/13, Shooting 3-for-3 from the line: It's a Girl
    PgAL/PAL Welcome
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

What kind of wet bags do you all have? The one I have is hard to zip open and closed, and the waterproof bag inside has to be pulled out of the fabric bag outside to wash, but it gets so twisted in the machine and I almost always have a diaper or two that get wrapped up and tangled in the bag that then need to be re-washed. Maybe I just have a crappy bag though?

It also stinks, even if I have it zipped. My kid is on hypoallergenic formula, though, which is like one of the most foul smelling substances known to man, so perhaps the smell issue is a bit more...poignant for me!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"