January 2012 Moms

Switching formula??

Quick question as I'm confused now...

I got a bunch of samples from Similac and Enfamil. When it was time to start supplemenging I just grabbed Similac and DD takes it just fine.

I mentioned to a coworker how I have lots of Enfamil samples left and wanted to use those up. She looked at me like I was crazy and said it was really bad to "mix" and to keep it with Similac if DD is ok with it.

Is that true? I thought if I switched to Enfamil until I use the freebies up and then went back to Similar or continued Enfamil if she likes that better, it wouldn't be a big deal... What am I missing?? :/ Don't you have to switch anyway if your LO doesn't handle one as well and keep trying until you find the right match?

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but she made it sound like I'm about to do a horrible thing LOL

TIA!

TIA!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Switching formula??

• raefreraefre member
    Your baby will be fine if you switch between formulas.  I've gone back and forth between Similac and Enfamil (and breastmilk) with no problems.  I actually switched from Similac to some storebrand when we first started FFing DS.  Oddly, it was causing LO to cough. Ended up switching back to Similac and then to Enfamil when the samples rolled in.  (On that note: I prefer Enfamil with LO because it seems to cause less spit up.) 
  • I switch them all the time too.  I wouldn't worry about it too much. 
    DSC_0637DSC_0742 Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Ok great! Thanks for the reassurance :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"