Natural Birth
Options

How do you keep the water warm?

This might be silly but I just got my birthing pool (for a home birth) and was wondering how the water stays warm, my MW says it has to be a certain temperature so do you just empty it and refill it when it dips below that temp? Also how do you empty it, like bail it out with pails of water, it seems like it'd be too heavy to dump in to the bathtub?

Any other helpful information would be appreciated!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: How do you keep the water warm?

• Options
    I hadn't thought of that but I'm curious now as well!

• Options
    We kept taking some of the cold water out and adding hot water in. Some use boiling water, but we just hooked it up with the shower.
    Mommy to Emery Vera 5.20.12  Blog
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Also make sure you turn up your water heater like a month before your EDD!
    Mommy to Emery Vera 5.20.12  Blog
  • Options
    iris427iris427 member
    We used the stove to heat pots of water and then poured them in.  I was only in the tub like a couple hours though.  

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

we rented an AquaDoula tub, which comes with a heater element that plugs in and automatically keeps the warm water that you put in warm.  keeps it warm and water stays good for up to 3 days.  Probably this doesn't help for you but thought I'd put it out there for others reading and wondering.  You still have to put in hot water to start with, but once it's in it will maintain the temp.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"