Infertility Veterans

XP: Help needed please.....

~~ posted on IF ~~ 

I am one of those IVF'ers that has not told family or friends that we are TTC or TTC via IVF. I know that there are differing opinions and approaches to this choice, but that is what we decided to do.

With that said, I have a dilemma. I have my FET in 10 days from IVF#2. My Mom is visiting and just extended her trip by a week and that means that she will be around for the FET when I planned the date weeks ago to be after she left us. And there is my issue......

We do not want to have to share the news with her at all. I will need to take Friday next week off work and will be ordered to be home bound for the weekend (not bed rest, but house arrest according to my RE). I do not know how to get around this with her without letting the cat out of the bag if you know what I mean.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can manage this, which is the day off work and the house arrest? Thankfully she has done all the touristy things here in LA so no day trips, but even going out to run some errands will be off limits for me. I am not good at lying and rather not go there at all, but I need a story or reason for these days. DH told me to tell her that I had a sore back and needed to take it easy but that will lead to a lot of stories to continue this story for the weekend. There has to be something I can say to not make her suspicious etc. but I am at a loss. She leaves to head back to Australia on day 3 post ET so I will have to go to LAX in the very least to see her off.

BTW: Mum is dying to ask me about having kids after the issues to date, she brings up baby stories all the time and falls short of asking me straight out. I do not want to tell her as if this does not work I do not want to have to deal with telling her/others about it and just deal with it ourselves.

Thoughts anyone?? TIA!

Multiple ectopics, 2 failed IVF's
IVF #1: Did not get to ET, embies all failed PGD (major chromosomal defects)
IVF #2: We have 2 chromosomally perfect embies as a result of PGD (Boy/Girl) 1 failed the thaw (Girl) Transferred 1, yet ended as a c/p
Thought it was the end of our TTC Journey 6/20/2012
SHOCK BFP 9/28/2012: IT'S A BOY! and everything is normal !!!!!!

Little A born 38w 2d on 05/23/13 and is a true miracle for this IF Vet!

Re: XP: Help needed please.....

• Hmmm, do you ever travel for work? Could you get a hotel room for a couple of nights? Otherwise, I would fake sick, go to the doc, and come home with orders to rest off a virus or the back story. It is easy to say you blew out your back and go to the doc to have it looked at.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagelynn0926:
    Hmmm, do you ever travel for work? Could you get a hotel room for a couple of nights? Otherwise, I would fake sick, go to the doc, and come home with orders to rest off a virus or the back story. It is easy to say you blew out your back and go to the doc to have it looked at.

Work travel sounds good as does faking sick.  I know you don't want to lie but unfortunately it's the only way.  Good luck!! 

me 33/DH 36
    ttc since 10/2008; d/x: mild MFI, stageII endo
    ~~PAIF/SAIF Welcome~~
    11 IUI’s = 1 m/c (7w4d)
    IVF#1 January 2012 BFN, FET #1 April 2012 BFN
    Surprise BFP October 2012 m/c (7w), Surprise BFP April 2013 m/c (6w4d)
    IVF #2: July 2013, ET 1 embryo 7/18, beta 1 @ 14dp3dt - 757, beta 2 @ 16dp3dt - 1762
    U/S 1 @ 6w4d = 1 little frogger with HB of 118, U/S 2 @ 7w3d measuring right on track with HB of 160
    Stick Frogger Stick! Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!   It's a Girl, EDD April 7, 2014

BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Could you imply that your uterus needs a rest (and let her think you are on your period and have bad cramps)?  Any board games you guys used to play when you were younger ... let her think you are in a nostalgic mood?  Something like that?
    TTC #1 Since 4/2010, Cycle 30
    Positive for HLA-B27, I'm a mutant :p
    Testing - Me ok, gluten issue? DH - borderline count, low motility
    4/28/11 IUI#1 = BFP!(5/25), EDD 2/2/12 - m/c 5w3d
    7/3, 7/31, 9/25 - IUI#2-4=BFN
    IVF#1 - 1 blast = BFP!! (12/30), EDD 9/9/12, confirmed c/p 4w2d
    FET#1 3/2/12 - 2 blasts =BFP!! EDD 11/18/12, us#1 = twins! Confirmed m/c 5w6d
    4/20-surprise BFP and another c/p 4w2d
    FET#2 7/16/12 - 2 blasts = BFN
    FET#3 8/20/12 - 1 blast - BFP!! Beta #1-2=177, 354
    1st u/s 5w6d, one beautiful little HB :), 2nd u/s 146bpm
    baby girl born 5/10/13

TTC#2 since 12/17/2014, Cycle 8
    Repeat Testing...FSH=12, AMH=3.8, AFC=28. 
    IUI#5 5/10/15- c/p?
    IVF#2 8/19/15 - cancelled due to cysts
    IVF#2 take two 10/2015 - 5 blasts frozen
    FET#4 12/11/2015 - BFN - 4 blasts remaining
    FET#5 2/18/16 - BFP!!!  Beta1-3, 126, 250, 745!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Tons of love and ((hugs)) to my IF sister NMscubagirl

• Thanks ladies! I do want to stay away from anything "girly bit" related as that will only lead her to ask many questions. My nurse told me just now that just taking it easy is all I need to do so bed/house arrest is not needed but nothing too crazy. I think just going out for a coffee, maybe reviewing some old photos and going out for meal or BBQ at home should make it work for the weekend days on the back of a stomach flu????

Multiple ectopics, 2 failed IVF's
    IVF #1: Did not get to ET, embies all failed PGD (major chromosomal defects)
    IVF #2: We have 2 chromosomally perfect embies as a result of PGD (Boy/Girl) 1 failed the thaw (Girl) Transferred 1, yet ended as a c/p
    Thought it was the end of our TTC Journey 6/20/2012
    SHOCK BFP 9/28/2012: IT'S A BOY! and everything is normal !!!!!!

Little A born 38w 2d on 05/23/13 and is a true miracle for this IF Vet!

• AmCheriAmCheri member
    Do you have a history of headache or migraine?  That always works for me.  The sore back could work, too.  Sorry you have to go through the shenanigans. We do the same and it's exhausting.  
    Baby girl Lila born 2013.
    Baby boy Henry born 2015.
    Expecting our capstone baby (boy) early March 2018.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"