May 2011 Moms
Options

Vacation...

DH and I are going on a lake trip with our group of college friends in about three weeks. DD will be staying with grandma for half and then grandpa/stepgrandma/three uncles for the other half. I've only been away from her for one night (She just turned one on 05/03) and I'm freaking out. I'm excited for a retreat with grownups but am worried about being away from my baby for five days! Any advice to any other moms who have left DD/DS for an extended period of time??

-Attached Mommy over here :)  

Re: Vacation...

• Options
    kacellekacelle member

No advice, but it'll be okay!  DH and I are leaving DD for 4 days to go on a long weekend trip next week.  Parents deserve breaks as much as anyone (and more)!  

I feel like it's a good age to leave DD with other people.  She's easy, STTN, and isn't so attached that we can't leave her without tears. 

Married to my best friend 6/5/10
    BFP #1 9/7/10, EDD 5/14/11, Violet born 5/27/11.
    BFP #2 4/9/12, EDD 12/16/12, M/C Rory 4/24/12.
    BFP #3 10/6/12, EDD 6/16/12., Matilda born 6/17/13.
  • Options
    I believe you have to put your marriage first.  We're very close with my parents and she spends 1-2 nights/month with them.  We took a 6 night vacation and it was great to do NOTHING and relax.  Midway through the trip I was crying on the beach because I missed her so bad but I knew she was in good hands.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"