Baby Showers
Options

preprinted thank you note saying?

we are having a baby naming/meet the baby party. I'm having invites printed and can get preprinted thank you notes with a little space to write a personal line too. Need ideas on the preprinted sentences TIA

Re: preprinted thank you note saying?

• Options

Pre printed TYs? Like the kind they make at Target for 3 year olds to fill out?

I am not sure I get this. 

• Options
    I would just get matching blank thank yous.  It's much more personal.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Natural miscarriage @ 5w2d 5/25/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think pre-printed thank you notes are very tacky.  All thank you notes should be handwritten.  Personally I would prefer to have more room to write a heartfelt thanks than just a line at the bottom.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    no, they are fancy invites and the ty's are matching notecards so I could write something like, Thank you for your kindness or thank you for your thoughtfulness or thank your for sharing in my special day! or  just thank you! then the rest is empty for you to write the personal note.
  • Options

::comes out of lurking:: 

I recieved a pre printed TY note from a friend for a bridal shower I attended and I was a little miffed. I spent an hour of my day driving to the store, picking out a gift and writing a nice card but she couldn't take 5 minutes to write handwritten thank you! I would advise against it.

::goes back to lurking:: 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    thank you for the advice. I am just going to pre print thank you at the top,
  • Options
    I would not do pre-printed thank you notes.  It takes away the personal touch and would not appreciate receiving one.
  • Options
    Liz4444Liz4444 member
    If it says "Thank you" at the top as in, that's the decoration on the card, that's fine.  If it's in the center and that's the message, then no.  Always write a heartfelt note that starts at the top of the card.
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickersPitaPata Cat tickers

• Options
    eav2ceav2c member

imageBakerMommy:

This. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    carig63carig63 member
    Please don't. Get the matching cards, but leave them blank. Writing a single personal line isn't enough for your family and friends that gave you gifts. By all means, take advantage of the free cards. But leave them blank so you can fill them yourself with gratitude.
  • Options

imageTravelSnob:
    I think pre-printed thank you notes are very tacky.  All thank you notes should be handwritten.  Personally I would prefer to have more room to write a heartfelt thanks than just a line at the bottom.

This!  Maybe it's the southern etiquette in me, but any kind of printed TY's sound super tacky! 

• Options

Nothing irritated me more than getting a TY card from a wedding 6 months later (still within the year, but w/e) with a picture of the couple holding the parasol umbrella that said TY, Love the couple (typed). Even the address was typed and printed. It's rude.

I am sorry TY cards are not that hard to do. It took me two nights to do 60 cards, mailed out a week after my shower. 

I like reading what the MTB has to say about the gift, not a pre-printed TY.

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageSmileyGirl18:

imageBakerMommy:

This.  I am not a fan of pre-printed thank you notes for any reason.  Those "Thank You" post cards people use for weddings drive me nuts.  None of your guests want a picture of you on your wedding day.  Take the time to hand write a personal message.  It is the least you can do for the folks that came to wedding and gave you a gift.

Ok, off my soapbox now. 

I guess I don't get this.  We had a picture of us on our wedding day (actually it was shot a couple of weeks later but with all our wedding garb on in front of the church but much more relaxed).  We were holding signs that said "Thank You".  This was on the front of the card.  Inside was blank which is where we wrote our thank you note.  I did something similar for my LO's "thank you" cards when I sent them when gifts were given to us after birth.  Their pic was on the front and we wrote the message inside ourselves.

To the OP... I think it is fine if you want something printed on the front...maybe a little poem or something like you said.  Then inside write your thank you.  I don't see a problem with that at all.  Your printing is not taking the place of your thank you...it is just adding to the front of the card.

• Options

I think as long as your "pre-printed" note doesn't replace the handwritten portion, its fine.  I would just keep it simple and to the point.

PP's - did any of you even read the OP?  She said she would write a personal note as well. She didnt say she was just going to sign her name.  I suppose none of you buy any cards with a sayings or words in them for any occasion ever? Makes no difference if there is a saying or not as long as she takes the time to make it personal.

DD - Lucia Alessandra 6/18/12  ~~~  Welcoming Baby Boy!! - 3/26/14

• Options
    Liz4444Liz4444 member
    imagelaurendom:

I think as long as your "pre-printed" note doesn't replace the handwritten portion, its fine.  I would just keep it simple and to the point.

PP's - did any of you even read the OP?  She said she would write a personal note as well. She didnt say she was just going to sign her name.  I suppose none of you buy any cards with a sayings or words in them for any occasion ever? Makes no difference if there is a saying or not as long as she takes the time to make it personal.

Yes, everyone read it and responded appropriately.  Did you actually read the responses?

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickersPitaPata Cat tickers

• Options
    Dont do it.  It is worth taking the time to write them out.

BFP#1 10 wk missed mc      

BFP#2 DS born at 40+2 on 8/14/12  BFP#3 DD Born at 39+3 on 5/13/14

• Options
    imageLiz4444:
    imagelaurendom:

Yes, everyone read it and responded appropriately.  Did you actually read the responses?

I dont understand this either.  I did read all of the responses, and I think she is just looking for "What is the best line" for the top of the card or something. Or a general saying. Then she said she could write more to personalize it. I dont think this is any different than buying Thank you Cards that say "Thank You" inside them.

OP, You could put something like  being so pleased they could share in your joy, or something of the sort. Then write something personal after the party.  Have fun!

• Options
    imageMarSamWhitney:
    imageLiz4444:
    imagelaurendom:

I dont understand this either.  I did read all of the responses, and I think she is just looking for "What is the best line" for the top of the card or something. Or a general saying. Then she said she could write more to personalize it. I dont think this is any different than buying Thank you Cards that say "Thank You" inside them.

OP, You could put something like  being so pleased they could share in your joy, or something of the sort. Then write something personal after the party.  Have fun!

Thank you, I think we are thinking the same thing.  Perhaps a clarification from the OP would be appropriate, because I totally did not read this as a pre-typed thank you with out the personal message at all.

• Options
    hum I did reply but it looks like it never posted? Marsam was right i was looking for "the best line" type of thing I printed them blank last night with just the matching design.
  • Options

Thanks Storybooklove.  Have fun writing them out :)

@ Liz, I actually just reread all the responses (I was heading out before my last response so I didnt go back to read them again) and yours seemed along the lines of mine, I am not sure why you felt the need to call out my response since it didnt seem to be much different than yours.  It was actually many other PP's that went off on the tangent about not having it personal,being offended or tacky.  I agree with your response. 

Ah how I love community boards 

• Options
    I think pre-printed thank you notes are tacky.  They show that you didn't care enough to take a minute to write out a personal thank you.  I would respect people who came to my shower, and brought a gift with a personalized thank you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"