January 2011 Moms
Options

How does LO let you know they are awake?

Yelling? Crying? Talking?

Whitney is still screaming and crying to alert me she is up. When does this stop.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: How does LO let you know they are awake?

• Options

Makenzie will talk to herself for at least 30 min before she screams the get me the heck out of here.  On the weekends in the morning we can hear her jumping in her crib like it's a bounce house! 

• Options
    In the morning she cries or yells to let me know she's awake or because she is super hungry and just really wants that sippy cup.  I haven't figured out which reason she's actually crying.  After her nap she jumps around her crib and talks. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    She hangs out in there talking to herself for quite some time. There's a pic in there of her from when she was little and she'll sit there saying "BABY!" over and over. It takes a loooong time before she starts crying. We have to be quick about it though because if she poops she will pull it out and make a mess. Pretty much every noise has me running to her door lately... just in case.
  • Options
    Depends, generally a good mood so that's equivalent to babbling. If she woke up by accident, is mad or in pain, she screams but this is around 10% of the time. Maybe you can teach her a word to say when she wakes up, like SweetH's DD says baby... just say baby everytime you go to get her.
  • Options
    RedZeeRedZee member

She cries when she wakes up from naps. As soon as I pick her up she's fine though.

In the morning, the majority of the time she cries. Every so often she'll just be hanging out and then when she sees one of us pass her door she waves or talks or cries. Usually cries.

I wonder if it would work to get them to say something specific when they're awake. I almost always say "Hey you!" When I get DD. Now, when I walk into the room, she'll say "Hey you!" - but there's still the crying before I get there.

DD1: born 1/19/11. DD2: born 10/10/13
  • Options
    Yup, still screaming and crying here.  We have a video monitor so we can see that there's generally no lag time between awake and crying.  Have no idea why he can't just wake up normally!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    J wakes up in the morning and her nap the same way. First I hear the music from her napping Violet start to play and then she starts babbling. After about 15 minutes she'll start to talk a lot louder and jump and bang the wall. She is ALWAYS happy when she wakes up. I love it! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    He cries.

Siggy Badges

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Im glad to see im not the only one.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"