Infertility Veterans

My feelings are really hurt (long)

I haven't been around too much lately, although I've been trying to come back more the past few days, because I am hurt more than ever before and I didn't want to come and spread my shitty mood on everyone else. 

On our long weekend (May 21st was our holiday), my sister informed me that she had chosen someone else to be the legal guardian for her four month old son should something happen to her and her husband.  She chose her friend who is a single doctor in Chicago to be that person.  It was a slap in the face.  I felt, and still feel, like she confirmed the Universe's opinion that I would be a crap Mother.  My own sister doesn't even trust that I could care for her son.  Her explanation was that my SIL had already named DH and I in their will as legal guardians...I think that's BS.  What kind of excuse is that?  She said she thought I would be a great Mother but wouldn't want the responsibility of both her kids and my SIL's kids.  WTF?  Even if I had my OWN kids I would still be their for hers and SIL's and anyone else's who needed me for that matter.  I am so confused why she would think that someone who isn't married and would have to leave her career and come home to Canada would be a much better choice.  I'm not saying that single people can't be fabulous Mothers but I'm just wondering how much thought was actually put into this decision on both sides, it's a serious commitment.  The best part was that she told me this on my birthday.  I don't think my feelings have ever been this hurt.

My Dad and Step-Mom are coming home to Canada on Friday as they live in AZ, and are planning to stay at my sister's house (she's actually my step-sister but we've known each other for almost our entire lives).  Nobody has even called me to find out what our plans are and if we want to get together with them.  They have to sleep on the floor at her house because they have a small house downtown TO and they would rather do that than spend one stupid night with DH and I in a comfy bed because we don't have children.  It makes me sick.  I emailed and asked what everyones plans were and the only thing I got was "we're going to a Jay's game on Saturday.  You guys can come, but you'll have to buy tickets, we only have four".  Again, it hurts so much.

Uggghhh...I'm sorry, I feel like all I ever do is complain on here anymore!  Thanks for listening.

me 33/DH 36
ttc since 10/2008; d/x: mild MFI, stageII endo
~~PAIF/SAIF Welcome~~
11 IUI’s = 1 m/c (7w4d)
IVF#1 January 2012 BFN, FET #1 April 2012 BFN
Surprise BFP October 2012 m/c (7w), Surprise BFP April 2013 m/c (6w4d)
IVF #2: July 2013, ET 1 embryo 7/18, beta 1 @ 14dp3dt - 757, beta 2 @ 16dp3dt - 1762
U/S 1 @ 6w4d = 1 little frogger with HB of 118, U/S 2 @ 7w3d measuring right on track with HB of 160
Stick Frogger Stick! Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!   It's a Girl, EDD April 7, 2014

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: My feelings are really hurt (long)

• I'm so sorry. Sweetie. It is so unfair to have to be second fiddle just because we don't have children. ((hugs))
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am so very sorry. It does hurt. My family is the same way. And its getting worse as I get older and I hate it. 

Im thinking of you -- let me know if you need anything, anything at all. Even to vent -- I've got a lot of stories.

::hugs:: 

TTC #2 since June '08

~*DD 10.21.07*~

dx unexplained

IUI #1-4 BFN

IVF#1 June 2011 BFN

IVF#2 Dec 2011

Beta#1 12/21 : 812 Beta#2 12/23 : 1634

EDD 8/25

*PAIFW/SAIFW*

• Loading the player...
  • That SUCKS.

I get it that people need to make their own choices but they don't have to be douchey when sharing (or refusing to share) that news.

IMHO I don't see you being a unfit mother and your sister is not a conduit for what the universe thinks. Anyway, we all know the universe is full of crap and has no regard to fairness so FU universe! HUGS and hoping you get your birthday wishes!!

+++
  • So sorry sweetie. Thinking of you ((Hugs))
    After 3 years of infertility we were blessed with twin girls through private infant adoption.
    Forever our's October 17th 2012
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I'm so sorry Bee.  I can relate because my sister wouldn't "give" me her kids until I got married 2 yrs ago which I also thought was a slap in the face.  She had made my parents the guardians which I thought was wrong since they are grandparents in their late 60's and don't have the stamina to be "parents" again for toddlers. I took it as  "you can't handle the kids since you are single."

I'm sorry your family is excluding you. Hugs.

TTC #1 since 8/1/10; Me:41 and BRCA1+, DH:46
    DOR (FSH 24.3)/ terrible egg quality ; homozygous MTHFR c677t
    5 IUI's: 2/11 to 6/11 and 1/12= BFN
    OE IVF#1-4 8/11-6/12= all BFN
    DE IVF#1 11/12 bad embryos= BFN
    DE IVF #2 2/13 BFP/Beta hell: m/c 5w6d
    CFNBC 7 months, not doing well; decided on guarantee program at RBA w/frozen DE
    DE IVF #3 1/14  ET 4BB; BFP;M/C 5w1d, incomplete m/c; MVA extraction in ER 7w1d

DE FET#1 ET 3/1714; BFP, beta 1 3/27= 197, beta 2 3/31= 1586, beta 3 4/7= 13879!!
    First u/s= Twins with HBs at 6w2d! We are Team Pink x 2!!

K & K born 11/21/14 at 38wks 4 days

imageimage

SAIF/PAIF Welcome

http://waitingforraintostop.wordpress.com

• I'm so sorry (((hugs))).  You have every right to have hurt feelings, the actions your family have taken/said are hurtful.  I know it's hard, but you have to remember that things your family say/do are in no way a reflection of how you would be as a parent.  None at all.  (((hugs)))
    Me: 35 DH: 37 TTC since 4/2010
    DX: 6/9/2011: Azoo ICSI/IVF only option for biological child
    IVF #1: ER - 9/26 * ET - 10/1 * beta#1 10/13 - 140 * beta#2 10/17 - 477 * beta#3 10/20 - 1101
    1st u/s at 6w6d - one hb * 2nd u/s at 8w3d - no hb detected 11/10/11 * natural m/c 11/13/11
    FET #1 Jan/Feb 2012 - 3 delays - cancelled 2/13
    FET #1.2 - May/June 2012 - ET 6/6/* beta#1 6/15 - 95 * beta #2 6/19 - 322 * beta #3 6/22 - 940
    7/6 1st u/s @ 7 weeks - one beautiful hb - released from RE
    EDD 2/22/2013
    PAIF/SAIF/PGAL welcome
    imageimageimageimage
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageEdwina.McDunnough:

IMHO I don't see you being a unfit mother and your sister is not a conduit for what the universe thinks.

Haha, this made me laugh...I think my sister needs to be reminded of this sometimes.  Thank you!

me 33/DH 36
    ~~PAIF/SAIF Welcome~~
    11 IUI’s = 1 m/c (7w4d)
    IVF #2: July 2013, ET 1 embryo 7/18, beta 1 @ 14dp3dt - 757, beta 2 @ 16dp3dt - 1762
    U/S 1 @ 6w4d = 1 little frogger with HB of 118, U/S 2 @ 7w3d measuring right on track with HB of 160

BabyFruit Ticker

• reb259reb259 member
    So sorry bee...if If wasn't hard enough. I hate you are dealing with this. Huge hugs!!
    I am AMA and all tests on H came back normal
    3 failed IVF with OE and 2 failed frozen DE cycles
    Last fresh hail mary DE cycle starting Feb 2013
    PAIF/SAIF always welcome
  • I'm sorry BeeBee!  HUGE (((HUGS)))
    BabyFruit Ticker

06.10.12 +HPT 06.12.12 Beta #1 = 2,770 06.14.12 Beta #2 = 6,300
    1st U/S 06.18.12 2nd U/S 06.25.12
    09.24.12 It's a Boy!! ---> Jacob Owen

Our IF Journey Began: October 2009
    **8 Failed IUI's, 1 Blighted Ovum, & 1 Failed IVF**
    Dx: MFI, DOR w/MTHFR Homozygous A1298C & Hypothyroidism
    03.2012 Lab Results: FSH 6.83 AMH 0.67 TSH 3.8 E2 17
    SA 156 million 93% motility 3% morphology

Follow Me on Pinterest
    **~PAIF/SAIF Always Welcome~**
  • ((BIG HUGS))

I'm so sorry your sister feels that way - I agree - it doesn't make sense at all - you're family AND you live in the same country!

Don't ever feel bad for venting Bee, we're here for you ((MORE HUGS)) 

TTC 12/2009
    Me: 32 - Stage II Endo / DH: 36 - Low count and morphology (1%)
    IUIs 1-3 BFN, lap Dec. 2010, IUIs 4-6 BFN
    IVF w/ICSI #1 - ER 2/8: 24R 19M 9F ET 2/13 2-5 day blasts (no frosties) = BFP - b/g twins!
    E & C Born 10/19/2012
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Hugs sweetie.  That is just crappy all around.  Please don't take it as a sign that the universe thinks you'll be a bad mom, because I'll beat up the universe for you if I have to.  We can't control up other people's decisions, but we can control our own, and it sounds like you are putting an effort to be available for whatever is needed.  
    TTC #1 since October 2008. Dealing with MFI.
    IVF #1 w ICSI in July 2010 = BFN
    IVF #2.1 in Oct 2010 converted to IUI = BFN
    IVF #2.2 w ICSI in Dec 2010 = BFN
    Met with new RE in new city on 1/31/11.
    IVF #3 w ICSI in April 2011. HPT on 5/9 = BFP!
    Beta #1 on 5/10 (10dp5dt) = 99.4. Beta #2 on 5/12 = 284. First u/s on 5/26. = Fraternal TWINS!
    Twin boys born & lost on 8/16/11 at 18w1d due to PPROM & preterm labor.
    IVF #4.1 in Jan 2012 converted to IUI on 1/7/12 = BFN
    IVF #4.2 w ICSI in Feb 2012. Lupron on 2/10. Stims on 2/18. ER on 2/29- 7R,6F
    ET scheduled for 3/5/12- nothing to transfer :(
    Dh seeing new MFI uro & Dh starting meds- June 2012.
    IVF #5 in Dec 2012 = BFFN.
    IVF #6 planned for Spring 2013. Praying for our take home baby/ies.
    **P/SAIF and P/SAL always welcome!**

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • ::coming out of my temporary lurkdom::

Thinking of you Bee.  I understand why you feel the way you do and I want to make it better for you.  Nothing hurts more than family who gives you additional unnecessary heartache while dealing with some of life's biggest challenges.  My heart goes out to you.  Big ol' huge hugs.

Countless BFN(s)
    Moving to IVF

IVF1 (ICSI): Long Lupron
    6R. 3F. 3DT. 8Cell 1Grade 2Embies. 1Frostie.
    Beta 1/22: 14 Beta 1/24: 24 Beta 1/26: 28
    Round One Result: Chemical Pregnancy

Pressing Forward

IVF2 (ICSI/AH/ACU): Microdose Lupron Flare
    13R. 11F. 5DT. 2TFR'ed. 1Frostie.
    Round Two Result 4/30: Harsh BFN

FET. 2TFR'ed.
    Round Three Result 6/25: BFN
    Where do we go from here?

Moving forward with CCRM in 2013
    ODWU revealed blocked tube(s). Lap 2/15.
    Bilateral Tubal Ligation. Stage IV Endo.
    Finally some (tough) answers.

IVF3 (ICSI/CCS): Antagonist with EPP
    13R. We have 3 CCS Normal Embryos!

Lupron Depot: May 2013 to August 2013
    Long awaited FET on 9/3. 2TFR'ed.
    BFP on FRER 5dp5dt: IN SHOCK!
    Beta1 9/10: 152.7! Beta2 9/12: 378! Beta3 9/14: 1224! 

1st ultrasound 10/1: TWO beautiful heartbeats!  Overjoyed!

• I'm so sorry. Huge hugs.

We are always here for you.
    Renee- 37 DH - Chad - 39
    2/06 - surprise pregnancy - twins
    3/06 - m/c 1st baby at 6 weeks 
    5/06 -2nd baby had no heartbeat at 14 wks.
    D&E - Bled out. Blood transfusions. Week in ICU - Cheated Death!
    Diagnosis: Blood clotting and bleeding disorder, immune issues, & cervical stenosis
    5/10 - 1st IVF cycle - BFN
    FET - 10/12/10 - BFN
    1/11 - IVF with PGD - BFN
    IVF - May - BFN
    6/11 New RE - fingers crossed!
    9/11 - IVF - 4 transferred
    10/13 - BFP!!
    It's a boy! Clint Michael, Due in June!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I'm sorry.  I understand being the second choice for everything and constantly being left out of plans... or like our plans didn't matter as much because it was just the 2 of us, so we should be open to whatever plans my SIL and her DH & their kids needed to make first.  They always got first dibs on everything.  One day I just went off and things have been better since.  I really don't think my ILs ever thought of it from our perspective.  *big hugs*
  • ((((HUGS)))) I'm sorry sweetie!
    TTC #1 Since 4/2010, Cycle 30
    Positive for HLA-B27, I'm a mutant :p
    Testing - Me ok, gluten issue? DH - borderline count, low motility
    4/28/11 IUI#1 = BFP!(5/25), EDD 2/2/12 - m/c 5w3d
    7/3, 7/31, 9/25 - IUI#2-4=BFN
    IVF#1 - 1 blast = BFP!! (12/30), EDD 9/9/12, confirmed c/p 4w2d
    FET#1 3/2/12 - 2 blasts =BFP!! EDD 11/18/12, us#1 = twins! Confirmed m/c 5w6d
    4/20-surprise BFP and another c/p 4w2d
    FET#2 7/16/12 - 2 blasts = BFN
    FET#3 8/20/12 - 1 blast - BFP!! Beta #1-2=177, 354
    1st u/s 5w6d, one beautiful little HB :), 2nd u/s 146bpm
    baby girl born 5/10/13

TTC#2 since 12/17/2014, Cycle 8
    Repeat Testing...FSH=12, AMH=3.8, AFC=28. 
    IUI#5 5/10/15- c/p?
    IVF#2 8/19/15 - cancelled due to cysts
    IVF#2 take two 10/2015 - 5 blasts frozen
    FET#4 12/11/2015 - BFN - 4 blasts remaining
    FET#5 2/18/16 - BFP!!!  Beta1-3, 126, 250, 745!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Tons of love and ((hugs)) to my IF sister NMscubagirl

• sorry cutie.  that is pretty annoying and hurtful.  i agree with e - your sister does not speak for the universe and a lot of the time i think the universe sucks.

((HUGS))

Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles, It empties today of its strength. ~Corrie ten Boom
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow. ~Mary Anne Radmacher (thank you beadinglady)

It's been a long journey. TTC since 9/06. multiple IUI's and IVF's and 4 m/c's. IVF#3 = BFP, twins, induced at 34w6d due to baby b passing away (no explanation). Delivered on 35w1d, Baby A - baby girl, and Baby B - baby boy, our little angel.
    MTHFR A1298C & C677T, Immune Issues and Factor II
  • Huge hugs.  My sister didn't choose me either.  She claims bc I don't go to church.   Whatever!!!!  My sister is a total f-up, and is a disaster.  

Its also insulting that she picked someone who is broke... Where we are financially secure.  But as I said, she's a total mess.  HUGE HUGS.  

• Oh B, I'm sorry she hurt you so much, it's just not right :(  I'm so sick of people's asssholeish ways!  ((Big hugs))
  • AmCheriAmCheri member
    I'm so sorry. :( I can see why you're hurt.  People are so self-absorbed and their inability to exhibit even a modicum of empathy amazes me.  You deserve so much better sweets. Big hugs. 
    Baby girl Lila born 2013.
    Baby boy Henry born 2015.
    Expecting our capstone baby (boy) early March 2018.
  • imagevanessagorc:

Huge hugs.  My sister didn't choose me either.  She claims bc I don't go to church.   Whatever!!!!  My sister is a total f-up, and is a disaster.  

Its also insulting that she picked someone who is broke... Where we are financially secure.  But as I said, she's a total mess.  HUGE HUGS.  

Thank you for sharing this V.  It does make me feel better...and I know that could sound bad, but it's true :)

me 33/DH 36
    ~~PAIF/SAIF Welcome~~
    11 IUI’s = 1 m/c (7w4d)

BabyFruit Ticker

• I am really sorry. I don't understand how your own family can be so inconsiderate. Since my sibblings have had kids everything and I mean everything revoloves around them and it hurts so bad.
    PAIF and SAIF Always Welcome!
    TTC since 2007
    6 IUIs, 3 IVFs, and 2 m/c :< PCOS, Blood Clotting Disorder & MFI
    IVF #2 Aug 2011 is a BFN:<
    IVF #3 March 2012 is a BFN
    Not sure what to do now. Sad and lost.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • I kind of understand the rationale behind your sister's logic but the odds of you needing to be guardians to her kid and your SIL's kids are extremely low.  I'm sure you would love to be a parent to all of them.  It is a very lousy excuse and her "reasoning"  is incredibly lame.  

My SIL and BIL haven't mentioned anything about who the guardian of our niece will be.  I know that they will probably choose her brother and his wife instead of us even though we are more financially stable and mature to handle it.  SIL is way too attached to her family to let anybody else be apart of it.  

Pursing Domestic Infant Adoption through a local agency. In the meantime, our dog is our baby.  Bumping from Portland, Oregon. 
  • HUGE ((hugs)) I am so sorry sweetie!  First of all, your sister's opinion is in no way a reflection of the universe's - I happen to belive you'd be a FANTASTIC mother!  And as for being "put on the side" because you don't have kids - I can totally relate.  My mom lives just 45 minutes away and NEVER came out here until we had our son, and now she comes at least once every 2 weeks....I so badly want to ask her why me and DH weren't good enough!!!! 

I hope you and DH can do something special to cheer you up....I wish I could come have a girls night with you :)

TTC since 11/2009
    11/2010 DH SA good...01/2011 HSG is clear...01/2011 Consult with RE
    suprise BFP but m/c on 2/7/11
    03/2011 50 mg clomid=BFN
    04/2011 clomid+bromocriptine+IUI=BFP at 11dpiui
    Beta #1(11dpiui)=33, Beta #2 (13dpiui)=96, Beta #3 (20dpiui)=1910, Beta #4 (26dpiui)=20,134
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageBeeBee08:
    imagevanessagorc:

Huge hugs.  My sister didn't choose me either.  She claims bc I don't go to church.   Whatever!!!!  My sister is a total f-up, and is a disaster.  

Thank you for sharing this V.  It does make me feel better...and I know that could sound bad, but it's true :)

yeah that's why I shared it.  I assure u, we (u and I)  are both more than qualified to be parents. I've just compartmentalized it as "my sister is an a$$hole".  And btw, I'm older than she is, and gainfully employed. Neither she or her husband really is. Yet I'm a bad choice....um ok. 
  • ((hugs))). Sorry that things feel so shittty lately. I hope they look up soon!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Delta04Delta04 member
    Oh hun, I'm sorry.  That totally sucks big time!  It is a shame that family can hurt us the most sometimes.  ::hugs::
    TTC since 3/07. IVF#1 = canceled. IVF#2 = 0% fertilization. IVF#3 = BFN. IVF#4 = c/p.  
    Moving forward with Adoption 2017!
  • People are idiots and this doesn't exclude family, unfortunately.  I am sorry you are having to deal with this.

• First, I am sorry I am just reading this now because I want to give you HUGE GIANT ((HUGS)) immediately! My feelings would be hurt too. You have posted before about your parents not staying with you because of the no kids thing. Have you ever told them how sh!tty that makes you feel? It's so unfair that they cannot stay just one night with you!

I know I have never met your IRL but I know what an incredible person you are Bee! I think it's a load of crap that your sister chose someone else over you. Sometimes the title of "doctor" can blind someone's rational thoughts... Anyways, I am sorry your family is acting inconsiderate. I would go ape sh!t on them all, lol. ((((((hugs)))))) hunny, thinking of you and happy belated birthday! 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    TTC since March/April 2010
    DX: MFI - less than 1 million sperm, 26% motility
    DH put on anastrozole to increase counts
    June/July 2011 100 mg Clomid + TS IUI#1 & IUI 2 - BFN :-(
    Forced break due to DH getting spinal surgery in August 2011
    IVF - January 2012: BFN
    FET in April 2012 - BFP at 6dp5dt! Beta #1 at 9dp5dt: 82.5, Beta #2 at 12dp5dt: 352 Beta #3 at 19dp5dt: 6000, saw heartbeat and one little bean at 5W6D!
    After nearly 3 years of waiting our LO was born December 18th 2012!
  • (((hugs))) I'm sorry hun. I could write some of your post word for word when it comes to your parent and step-parent excluding you from activities/gatherings based on stupid reasons. Happens to me all the time. Anyway, I think you will make a fabulous mother and I hope it happens soon! (((hugs)))
    DX PCOS w/IR 01/08.
    Currently pg with our 1st after 6.5 yrs of IF (thank you IVF)

My IF/Everything Blog
    There's No Crying in Baseball
    ***My posts are always SAIFW**
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"