Success after IF
Options

Update after Cranial Facial appointment

So DD had her 3D CT scan last week and it went well.  The scan itself took only five minutes but the night before (when I couldn't feed her after 4 am) and the couple hours I had to spend at the hospital before and after the scan were so awful. 

We met with the doctor the following day and it turns out that all the sutures except the one on her forehead are open.  So they are just overriding and will slowly get better (even though they look drastically better even in the last couple of weeks).  

This doctor doesn't think she will need the surgery because only one is closed and her brain will have enough room to grow.  With only one closed it becomes more cosmetic than anything.  With this suture closed they can develop a ridge or pointy looking forehead but DD doesn't have a severe case of this.  She does have a very small ridge, but I would of never seen it if he hadn't pointed it out.

So now I'm going for a 2nd and 3rd opinion to see if they agree that we don't need to get surgery.  This is the best news we could of gotten but I will feel much better about it once I hear what the other docs have to say.

~Lauren~
**SAIF always welcome.**
After 2+ years, 3 losses, 3 surgeries, 2 IVFs and 1 FET our little girl is here.
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
my read shelf:
Lauren (babystinkbreath)'s book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
Read in 2011: 56/55
Read in 2012: 31/30
Read in 2013: 1/25
Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Update after Cranial Facial appointment

• Options

so glad dr doesn't think she needs surgery.  i hope second opinion confirms this and you can feel more at ease.

(HUGS)

Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles, It empties today of its strength. ~Corrie ten Boom
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow. ~Mary Anne Radmacher (thank you beadinglady)

It's been a long journey. TTC since 9/06. multiple IUI's and IVF's and 4 m/c's. IVF#3 = BFP, twins, induced at 34w6d due to baby b passing away (no explanation). Delivered on 35w1d, Baby A - baby girl, and Baby B - baby boy, our little angel.
    MTHFR A1298C & C677T, Immune Issues and Factor II
  • Options
    Yay!  That's wonderful news!  Hoping that the other doctors say the same thing.  It never hurts to get a 2nd or 3rd opinion.  Good luck!  Glad to hear she's doing so well!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Great news!

I, too, am glad the Dr doesnt think she needs surgery. 

TTC #2 since June '08

~*DD 10.21.07*~

dx unexplained

IUI #1-4 BFN

IVF#1 June 2011 BFN

IVF#2 Dec 2011

Beta#1 12/21 : 812 Beta#2 12/23 : 1634

EDD 8/25

*PAIFW/SAIFW*

• Options
    So glad that you got good news and that Cassie is doing so well.
  • Options
    DrRxDrRx member
    Glad to hear the good news that she doesn't need surgery according to her doctor! I hope that your 2nd and 3rd opinion also agree with that. :)
    TTC Since July 2008.
    Me: PCOS DH: Low everything (MFI)
    Clomid with TI x 3 2010 BFN
    Clomid+IUI+Ovidrel 2010 BFN
    IVF w/ICSI #1 2011
    9/8/11 Beta #1: 2082!! 9/19/11 Beta#2 34,689!! U/S 9/22/11 HR 127! 11/8/11 HR 150! 12/6/11 HR 136! 12/14/11 HR 139! Born at 26w2d on 2/4/2012! After 83 days in the NICU, Adalyn came home on 4/26/12!
    FET 1 3/2013 BFN
    FET 2 5/2013 BFN
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    That is great news!  I hope the 2nd and 3rd opinions come to the same decision!
    My Favorite Books image
    Books read in 2012: 58!
  • Options
    Glad to hear you got good news from this doctor...I hope you get the same from others!

imageimage
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!, DS is now 3.5yrs!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP! DD is 1.5 yrs!
    Surprise! 12/16/14 BFP, loss #2 12/31/14

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929

• Options
    That is wonderful news! Wishing you the best of luck with future appointments.

DX: DOR and MFI 

IVF w/ICSI brought us our 1st precious miracle

V born via induction 4.29.11

TTC #2: IVF (MDLF) August/September 2012

ER 9/7: 6R, 5M, 4F ET 9/12: 5dt of 2 blasts 

+HPT 9/17! Beta #1 (9/25) = 1,000 Beta #2 (9/27) = 1,860 U/S #1 (10/11)...TWINS!

1/8/13 - It's a..boy and a girl!!   

S&B born via induction 5.8.13

imageimage

• Options
    So glad to hear Cassie is doing well, and the Dr doesn't think she needs surgery!! Good luck at the 2nd and 3rd opinion!!!
    Renee- 37 DH - Chad - 39
    2/06 - surprise pregnancy - twins
    3/06 - m/c 1st baby at 6 weeks 
    5/06 -2nd baby had no heartbeat at 14 wks.
    D&E - Bled out. Blood transfusions. Week in ICU - Cheated Death!
    Diagnosis: Blood clotting and bleeding disorder, immune issues, & cervical stenosis
    5/10 - 1st IVF cycle - BFN
    FET - 10/12/10 - BFN
    1/11 - IVF with PGD - BFN
    IVF - May - BFN
    6/11 New RE - fingers crossed!
    9/11 - IVF - 4 transferred
    10/13 - BFP!!
    It's a boy! Clint Michael, Due in June!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Great news!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    flyckaflycka member
    Glad to hear she doesn't need surgery. And hopefully the other opinions will confirm that too.
    Hoping she won't need to fast anytime soon.

TTC since 1/2008
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    (((hugs))) Dr. appointments with babies are so stressful. It sounds like good news, and I hope it's confirmed at the other appointments as well.
  • Options
    jcathjcath member
    What amazing news.  I am so happy for you and Cassie. Fingers crossed that your second and third opinion concur.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"