November 2011 Moms
Options

XP post

Hi all,

I have posted here before, but I will just give a reader's digest version of our issues.  DD has been down in eating since we introduced the bottle at 9 weeks.  She was a great BF'er, but since then, will only bottle feed about 1-4 oz and only BF overnight (about 4-5 times at a min or two a time).  She does have between 4-7 wet diapers (only 1-3 sopping ones) and one poopy per day, so doctors aren't too worried (also, in 80th percentile for weight and 88th for height- no clue how).  So, we got a call last Thursday from DC, saying that she had eaten 1 oz all day long.  This was around 2:30, so I picked her up and went to docs.  She has an ear infection in one ear.  I explained that she does horribly with any solids, or her Prevacid, and asked for the Rosephin shot.  They were hesitant to give me it, but they did one shot, and put her on Augmentin for 10 days.  On Friday, I gave her her first dose of Augmentin, and a few hours later, she threw up 3 times.  That night, I gave her her second dose (it is tough, I put the syringe way back and blew in her mouth like the nurse showed me).  She kept it down, but was not happy.  On Friday- yesterday, she has had about 4-5 diarrhea diapers.  She only ate 6 oz each day, and BF'd overnight (more than normal, but not like she got 20 oz or anything).  So, we go back in today to doc.  They told us yesterday to cut the antibiotic in half (we give it twice a day, so half of those doses).  On Sat, I called to the doc to ask about giving her a probiotic, and he said it was okay, so I got one that is safe for children.  Didn't seem to help yet.  Any thoughts on how to cut diarrhea, especially when she won't drink much and pretty much refuses all solids?  
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: XP post

• Options

I'm sorry you're still dealing with this.  I remember when you posted before about your LO not eating much.  I don't really have any advice just wanted to say I hope your LO starts feeling better soon!! 

I know bananas really plug up my DD maybe a few bites will help a little?

BFP #1 August 2007, Lost Nov 2007, no heartbeat found at anatomy ultrasound at 19 wks
    BFP #2 March 2011, Baby Girl born November 2011!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Bananas!!!  I hadn't thought of that.  I will try to get her to eat a bit of those.  Thanks!  I was going to try to get her to eat a little rice cereal, but I bet bananas would give me more bang for my buck!  Thanks again!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"