LGBT Parenting

Re: TTT

• 1. Having family here has been really nice.

2.  I wish my relationship with my mother was easier.

3. I hope Jelly Bean and I have an easy relationship.

4. My dad is the best guy in the whole world.  Each time he wasn't in sight, JB would sign "grandpa" and start looking for him.  They are buddies now.

5.  My dad walked the dogs three times a day. They were as spoiled as JB.

6.  I don't know if I should return to work after taking my parents to the airport or if I should go home and clean.

7.  Paperwork and my to-do list has piled up for the last two weeks and it is driving me crazy.

8.  I ate and drank way to much during this vacation.  It was all worth it though.

9.  I think we'll spend most of this next weekend finishing our basement make-over and I'm actually excited about this.

10.  So many emails to sort through, better get back to it.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • 1. There should be 3-day weekends every weekend.  

2. All-you-can drink brunch is not very fun when you're not drinking, don't know the people, and can't hear the conversation over the music.

3. Picnic in the park with friends is much nicer.  

4. DW is out of town for the week at a work event.  This doesn't happen too often, so it feels really strange.

5. It's hard to motivate myself to cook when it's just for me.

6. My phone seems to have spontaneously decided to delete my text messages.  Hmph.

7. My fingers are crazy swollen from the heat.

8.  I slept with the a/c on last night.  Scandolous.  We try not to do that, but the thermometer said it was 85 inside and I was really hot.

9.  I'm going to eat pizza rolls for dinner.  Bachelorhood?

10. Official results won't be in until later today, but home test says BFN.  Sigh. 

TTC with PCOS since July 2011.
    IVF Oct/Nov 2012
    Beta #1 = 77, Beta #2 = 190, Beta #3 = 1044
    Cautiously optimistic.
  • Loading the player...
  • 1. I ordered Owl's birthday invites yesterday, should have the proofs tonight and will print them tomorrow.  I'm so excited for her party.

2. A's last awards assembly is this morning, school is done on Friday.

3. My body is tightening up with all the exercise I've neen doing, I need to post update pics.

4.  The chihuahua that we've been taking care of killed my chicks.

5.  I couldn't stop going back to the picture of Joy and her grandma on FB, so precious.

6.  WA has been on my mind a lot lately, I'm reading a Kristin Hannah book (her books are set in WA) and I found a WA State visitors guide in J's car a few days ago.  I want to spend some time in the forest.

7.  I'm happier now that I'm taking some me time.

8. Apple has a new tooth and 2 more should break through any day.  The amber necklace has made teething so much easier, best baby product I've ever bought.

9. Water park this weekend!  

10.  I need to get swim diapers for the babies!

• 1. It's thundering outside right now. So calming. 

2. I'm extremely disappointed about testing negative at 12 DPO, but keep reminding myself that it's still early.

3. The phantom symptoms are killing me this cycle.

4. J and I went to a cookout with friends last night and had an amazing time!  Lots of food and great conversation.

5. We went shopping for a baby shower gift for one of J's coworkers yesterday at Babies 'r Us and had a great time just looking at all things baby. 

6. I need to find an apartment for us to move into in the next 2 to 3 weeks. Definitely down to the wire.

7. I wonder how much the book we agreed on costs on my iPad. I'm going to have to look into that...

8. I need to bathe the dog today. She gives me such a hard time lately when I have to give her s bath.

9. Our Internet is going to be disconnected in the next week or so in preparation for our move. I'm not looking forward to bumping from my phone.

10. I know I'm WAY behind, but what is the board that shall not be named???

Off to make a late breakfast/early lunch! 

*BFP #1-10/20/2012 EDD 7/4/2013*
    *DS 6/28/2013*
  • 1. We had a fabulous weekend in New Hampshire.

2. We saw a moose and a bear just chillin on the side of the road as we drove through the mountains.

3. I'm so happy my kids have taken well to travelling. I'm so looking forward to our next trip now.

4. I got a sunburn. Not good. I need to be better about putting the sunscreen on myself as I lather up the kids.

5. Its so sweet when strangers compliment our family - i can tell its really giving the kids a sense of pride in being adopted and making them feel special.

6. Daisy is just as much of a water baby as Rosebud! 18 months old and she was fearlessly leaping off the diving board. I love it!!

7. I'm sad we havent gotten to meet the new baby yet.  I know her dads are busy with a newborn and are taking things slow, but UGH I really want to see her!!

8. I think short term fostering will be perfect for our family right now.  I will (hopefully) get my fixes of squishy baby, but we'll still have the freedom that comes with having the kids be a little older.  This recent trip made me see how easy life is w/o a tiny baby.  1 1/2, 2 1/2, and nearly 6 are fun, wonderful ages - i think my favorite yet!

9. The kids and my wife are begging to go to Disney.  I might be caving. a little. the trouble is that Sprout's vacation time from school is so limited (basically only 1 week off that isnt christmas or thanksgiving) and I really want my aruba trip.  Also, my mom has called dibs on joining us for a disney trip since day 2 of our placement - and i dont know if i'm up for all that...

10. I've got travel on the brain!

• imagejennicole85:

You have a PM.

• 2brides2brides member
    imageTwo*True:
    imagejennicole85:

You have a PM.

Ditto. I have no idea what is going on.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • 1) I want to go back to NE.

2) Ky was a good traveller. I was very impressed.

3) I need coffee. L is addicted to Starbucks and we had it every day we were there...yum!

4) I wish we had more things for kids to do here. There are TONS of things to do there and they are all super cheap. I am jealous

5) I have leftover vacation money and DW and I are going to a nice dinner out on Saturday.

6) I hate my job.

7) I have a pile of laundry at home.

8) DW works 9-9 ALL week to make up for the holiday off...boo!

9) My mom thinks DW is mad at her since she hardly ever comes over and has not talked to her in weeks and was super aloof during our Mother's day dinner. I do not know how to bring this up to her without her getting mad. I feel like we jsut got over some huge issues and I do not want to start another one.

10) This weekend is cousin R's second birthday but we have yet to see an invite for the party...

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • image2brides:
    imageTwo*True:
    imagejennicole85:

You have a PM.

Ditto. I have no idea what is going on.

You have one too.

• 1.  E still has a cough and congestion after way too long....back to the ped today.  Poor guy.

2.  He learned lots of new things this weekend - hand shaking, arms up in the air for BIG BOY, crawling to sitting, and crawled up a half step Indifferent

3.  I feel like we are flooded with family interactions from both sides.  And sometimes that is hard.

4.  We need a staycation AND a vacation.

5.  We can't just stay home all the time and play with the baby - we need to work.  To have the baby.  Repeat.

6.  This is the week we get healthy eating back on track.

7.  I don't know about the other boards and don't think I have the energy to be on more than one :(

8.  I miss some of my friends....see #3 and #4 above.

9.  #5....repeat.

10.  Sad that GCB was not renewed for next year.  Hoping BFF, Smash, and Parenthood all were like I think they were.

• imagethemommymonster:
    imagemadisonpeas:
    =

10.  Sad that GCB was not renewed for next year.  Hoping BFF, Smash, and Parenthood all were like I think they were.

I was devastated by GCB. I loved that shower. Smash and Parenthood were renewed. I think BFF was cancelled, but not 100% sure as I didn't watch it.

I think Smash and Parenthood are on.  I need to go check BFF - SO funny - check it out on demand if you have that.  And GCB - AWESOME mindless entertainment.

• 1. I was also disappointed about GCB! I loved Cricket. 

2. I need to watch less TV so I'm only picking up one of the new fall shows - the Mindy Kaling one. I love her, but not enough to watch The Office, so I'm super excited she's getting her own show.

3. Our NB cloth diaper rental is supposed to get here tomorrow, but I really hope it gets here today. I was really bummed when I had to take all of our disposables to the curb for pick-up yesterday - at 20-30 diapers a day, it adds up :(

4. I have a cold and it is making the feeding schedule even more of a drag.

5. I went through our (almost all hand-me-down) NB and 0-3m clothes yesterday and pruned. Now that I have a better idea of how much we actually use and what I like, it was easy to pick out tons of stuff to donate.  

6. We went for two walks this weekend and it felt so great to get out of the house and get some fresh air.

7. My #1 goal today is to finish my thank you notes.

8. The babies are so darn cute. This isn't news, but I think about it all the time :-D

9. We will have to buy a second car once someone gets a job and I kind of just want to pick the appropriately-sized Honda and find a used one and forget about doing a bunch of research.

10. Jen drove yesterday and helped me move a piece of furniture. It's fantastic for both of us for her to be able to do things like that again.  

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • 1. Two can you PM me about the other board too? I am out of the loop as well.

2. E felt warmish last night and I heard her cough a few times during the night. Her temp was normal this morning so...fingers crossed as I do the I hope this mommy did the right thing by sending her to school dance.

3. I had the worst headache last night and took something for it and so far it seems to be gone...hoping it stays away.

4. It's a super short week for me, I'm off on Friday as K and I are taking a short weekend trip.

5. I guess that means I should get some work done, but here I am. Embarrassed

6. Last week one of the docs I work with told me he's leaving mid-summer but asked me not to talk to anyone yet...now I'm stuck in limbo since I'm sure my leads would want to know ASAP...sigh.

7. I need a long weekend at home alone with nothing to do but unpack/organize.

8. K brought some of her clothes over on Sunday and they're hanging in the closet. E went in there yesterday morning and smelled them and said, "these smell like K, mommy did you know K smells good?"

9. I am curious to know if we will have marriage rights in WA as of 6/7 or if we'll be waiting for a vote in November.

10. Ok...off to be productive, I hope everyone has a good short week!

• 1.  I have so much to do right now I don't even know where to start.  So I am not.

2.  Potty training actually went much better than I thought it would.  She had 2 accidents on Sat.  No accidents on Sunday (but pooped in her diaper at nap).  No accidents on on Sunday and she actually independently peed and pooped on the potty on two different occasions last night.  I think it is clicking!  

3.  I wonder how daycare went today?  S dropped off and only my dc providers mother was there and she only speaks Spanish so I don't know if she understood that there were undies for E today.  We shall see.

4.  I was planning out the rest of the school year's lessons and I am stupid and can't use a calendar.  I planned for 4 days of lessons on the May page for this week and then 5 days of lessons for the same week on my June page.  Whoops.  The good news is I have to teach 5 fewer lessons.  The bad news is that I now have to fit in 7 days of lesson into 3 days.  Oh well.

5.  I want to know where CT stayed in NH for storyland.  We are planing on going this summer and I am trying to figure out if we should stay at the lake house about an hour away. Or stay near the park.  Was the place you stayed worth it?

6.  I also really want to go to disney.  I have started looking into it and I am totally overwhelmed.  Who wants to plan my trip for me?   No seriously I need someone to do all the work for me.

7.  I have no meeting today after school (we get out at 1:50 on tuesdays for meetings) and all I want to do is go home and nap.  We are supposed to be doing professional work and I have tons to do but have zero motivation.

8.  I can't believe I only have 10.5 teaching days left this year.   I so want my summer vacation.

9.  I will be working 30 hrs a week doing consulting but it does not include 11-12 year olds so I don't care.  Plus we really need the money.

10.  We are on a health kick around here.  S said there is no way she is willing to get pregnant at her  current weight and I really want to start trying some time in the next 12 months so I am making us both get healthy and eat right.  We fell off the wagon this year and we soooooo need to get back on.  I need to lose about 15 lbs too so it is win win.

• imageTwo*True:
    imagejennicole85:

You have a PM.

Thanks for clearing that up!  And I'm glad to know I'm not the only one that didn't know what the other board was. 

*BFP #1-10/20/2012 EDD 7/4/2013*
    *DS 6/28/2013*
  • imagessg73:

5.  I want to know where CT stayed in NH for storyland.  We are planing on going this summer and I am trying to figure out if we should stay at the lake house about an hour away. Or stay near the park.  Was the place you stayed worth it?

The place we stayed was fine (a condo I found on homeaway.com and was basically next door to storyland), but if we had a free option we certainly would have gone with that Wink  I feel like an hour away isn't too bad - the condo we stayed at was an hour from Santa's Villiage and that didnt feel like too much.

• imagectbride08:
    imagessg73:

The place we stayed was fine (a condo I found on homeaway.com and was basically next door to storyland), but if we had a free option we certainly would have gone with that Wink  I feel like an hour away isn't too bad - the condo we stayed at was an hour from Santa's Villiage and that didnt feel like too much.

If I had know that was were you were going I would have offered.  I will let you know when we are going if you want to do a repeat performance! 

• imagessg73:
    If I had know that was were you were going I would have offered.  I will let you know when we are going if you want to do a repeat performance! 

that would be fun!  and I totally wasnt suggesting you should have offered us the lake house, just that if I were you I'd save the money and stay there rather than getting something closer :)

• imageseattlekari:

1. Two can you PM me about the other board too? I am out of the loop as well.

You'll have a PM in 5...4....3....2...

• Oh I know that it just is always nice to have a free option. Also I just want an excuse to hang out with you!
  • 2brides2brides member

1. The boys' school doesn't have a/c in all parts of the school and it is really hot today. I feel so badly for them.

2. I am half expecting a call from the school saying they are closing early. So far, no call.

3. There are supposed to have their last t-ball game of the year, but I am wondering what is going to happen due to the heat and the thunderstorms that are supposed to come through.

4. Carter fell off the bed last night and sliced his ear open. Thankfully, the kids have my pain threshold and not my wifes.

5. Work is crazy. I have had this open for 4 hrs. Next 5 later.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • 1.  I'm out of the loop too.  The FB board or...??????  Although, I don't know if I can keep up with another site.

2. Speaking of keeping up--for some reason,  I can't add the weight loss blog to my reader, so I have to keep remembering to check.  Is this supposed to be the case?

3. So many projects to do around the house. Can Nate Berkus come, please?????

4. I thought I had picked paint colors for upstairs, but last night a design friend said they were too cold. (I thought grey was in?)  I'm a little overwhelmed at the number of decisions.  It's kind of like buying the house all over again--so much to do all at once.  Again, Nate Berkus, please???

5. Day Three no soda is going well. 

6. Big election in WI June 5. I am scared for the results. But also can't wait until it's over.  So much divisive political rhetoric. And I am sick of the ads.

7. I wrote Pumpkin's future adopted name somewhere and felt so sneaky.  (We plan to make his current first name his middle name.)  "Pumpkin Hora" isn't a real person. Ha!

8. Anyone have grey walls they want to share pics---here or on pinterest?  If the whole upstairs isn't grey, maybe I'll just do the bathroom and kitchen (soon to be craft/homework room) grey.    It feels clean and modern to me.

9.  I invited my brother to come meet the girls Sat for a grill out w/ my parents.  "He'll see."  Underwhelming.

10.  Our amazing OVERWHELMING friends make up for it, and I'm going to focus on that.  

• imagethemommymonster:
    imageEratMama:

8. Anyone have grey walls they want to share pics---here or on pinterest?  If the whole upstairs isn't grey, maybe I'll just do the bathroom and kitchen (soon to be craft/homework room) grey.    It feels clean and modern to me.

I don't have any pictures, but I love grey. I want to do our room in greys/purples when we buy a house. Lighter grey walls with a grey/purple quilt and accents.

Grey is in. I think if you don't go charcoal and you warm it up with accents it is a perfectly warm color.

Our front entryway/stairway walls/upstairs hallway is all a very light grey.  I love it and have not regretted it for a minute.  I wanted something pale and neutral because it's such a big area of our house, but white/off-white is dull and I hate the whole tan thing.  I wish I remembered the color -- it was Benjamin Moore, maybe Horizon? -- but I will say I bought samples and painted about 10 swatches on the wall before I picked it.  I think grey even more than other colors looks very different from the swatch to the wall and in different lights.  I wanted a true gray and a lot of them looked purplish or brownish on the wall.

Here's the thing -- whatever you pick, get it in like 50% or 75% strength max, even if it looks really light to you.  That'll keep it from being too dismal.

Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks ladies for not making me feel totally out of it!  I change my mind every ten minutes, so we'll see what I end up with!  But, I promise to show pictures :)

• hlkehlke member
    imagessg73:

6.  I also really want to go to disney.  I have started looking into it and I am totally overwhelmed.  Who wants to plan my trip for me?   No seriously I need someone to do all the work for me.

The easiest option is definitely to stay in one of the Disney resorts, buy a meal package, and skip the rental car in favor of airport transfers. When you stay at their resorts, there are buses you can take to each of the parks, and it makes the whole affair so much easier.  Disney has built some lower-cost options in the last 15 years or so.  The weirdest part is how it gets cheaper and cheaper per day if you stay more days, so a week isn't that much more than a long weekend.  I'd definitely opt for the resort over some of the more expensive "add ons" like character breakfasts and the bear jamboree thing.

Same sex couple TTC with donor sperm.  I am 35 and carrying.  Endometriosis and DOR.
    AMH 0.5, AFC 5-8, FSH 7ish

IVF #1 - antagonist.  Empty follicle syndrome.  1 retrieved, 0 fertilized.
    IVF #2 - antagonist.  Ovulated early.  3 retrieved, 2 fertilized, 0 blasts
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"