Single Parents
Options

Officially moving out tomorrow- need encouragement and support!

Over the weekend I found out my H has been seeing other women while he works out of state. It was really just the icing on the cake to the million other problems we have been dealing with, especially the way he treats me (like sh!t) and how he leaves me with ZERO dollars ALL THE TIME. I tried to talk to him about us separating but he got really angry and threatened to take LO (8 months) and leave the country and all this other crazy stuff- he also said I couldn't take anything of hers because "he" paid for it. So he left for a week of work this morning, and in the morning I am picking up the uhaul and getting my butt out of here, my mom flew in to help. I know what I am doing is right, but I am so afraid of the bumpy road ahead. I could really use some encouragement and support from anyone.

Re: Officially moving out tomorrow- need encouragement and support!

• Options

GOOD FOR YOU!!!! You are doing the right thing. Please also try and get in to see an attorney some time this week before he comes back. You need to get formal arrangements for your child in place ASAP, especially if he's threatening to take her. Do you have that on paper BTW? If so, it can be used to prove he's a flight risk. I'm so happy to hear your family is being supportive and helping out. Please just take care of yourself and your baby girl. It may get worse before it gets better, but it will get better.

((hugs))

• Options
    rsp247rsp247 member
    Good for you! You need to do what is best for you and your daughter. And if he isn't treating you right then you need to do what is best for you. My mother packed me up when I was 10 days old while my father was at work or out with his girlfriend (who knows). Moved me from Fl to Jersey and didn't look back. I'm so happy your family is being supportive of you. If he wants to be in your daughters life he will but you shouldn't have to make sacrifices in your own happiness for that to happen.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The hardest part is leaving...once you do it you will feel better. It will get much harder from here though so stay strong and surround yourself with people that will encourage you! Also, don't let his words hurt you! His ego will be hurt and he will take it all out on you so be prepared!!!! If you need any help, we are always here :).
    TTC#2 with my hero, my inspiration, my United States Marine! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Take a deep breath....Good for you...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerwww.peekinsidethecloud.blogspot.com
  • Options

Realize that he is talking out of his @ss with his threats.  

The only one that you should worry about is the one about taking your child out of the country.  If the child has a passport, make sure that you take it with you so that your husband has no way of taking the child out of the US.  If the child does not have a passport, don't ever sign paperwork permitting it without consultation with your attorney.

Talk to a family law attorney TODAY.  There may be legal ramifications in your state to leaving the house.  You don't want to lose legal footing because of ignorance.  Know your rights!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"