Natural Birth

Jacuzzi Wear?

I am planning on laboring, but not delivering, in the tub.  I will labor a while at home, and then go to the hospital when I feel close, but I may get in the tub again there.  

While I'm at the hospital what should wear in the tub?  Nothing? I don't have a bikini top, but I could wear a sports bra?  What would you wear?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Jacuzzi Wear?

• erb82erb82 member

I stayed in the tub for a long time during my first labor and I was just naked.  I was totally beyond caring.  I could see leaving a sports bra on if I were already wearing it, but I definitely didn't want to waste time or energy changing into one during labor. 

• We're having a water birth, and I plan on wearing a sports bra, just because I hope to get some good pictures from the birth and I want to be able to share them. haha
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I was naked in the tub, and naked delivering.  I could have cared less about what I was wearing, tbh.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Eleanor Noelle - 18/05/12 Claire Elisabeth - 16/-5/10
  • I packed a sports bra with hooks in the back (so that I didn't have to pull it off over my head).  Though, I'd have probably really only worn my birth day suit if I'd entered the tub.  I never got in the tub.  Even after an enema, I was pushing out too much ick for me to be in the tub... at least, I think that's why no one ever offered it to me.  I really have no idea. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'll be wearing a sports bra; I know I'd feel super uncomfortable with my boobs just hanging out (even though my husband and nurses will be the only people in the room).
    imageimage
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I thought I'd wear a sports bra in the tub, but by the time I got the hospital, I didn't want to bother. All I wanted was to get into that tub ASAP. It just didn't matter at that point. 
    Pass the sheet cake.

BabyGaga
  • I packed a bikini top and a sports bra to wear in the tub. However, my hospital required laboring in only a hospital gown and by the time I wanted to get in the tub I didn't feel like changing into the other top and then back out of it, so I went in wearing nothing. My husband was the only one with me the first two times (I had to get in and out for monitoring). The third time the nurse was also there but by that point you really don't care (and I'm a very modest person).
    Kennedy Renee, born 4-29-2012
  • jennakgjennakg member
    Thanks ladies.  I think I'll pack the sports bra, at least.  Who knows if I'll actually wear it.  :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"