Pre-School and Daycare

Constant biting advice (being the one bitten, not the biter)

So, I need some advice. If your daughter was coming home from school on average once a week(for at least a couple months now) with bite marks (often really bad ones), and is saying its always from the same kid(who we already know has bitten her and others on a fairly regular basis), what would you do?

Our initial thought is to talk to the teachers and see if it's being noticed and dealt with(a few of the really bad ones they mentioned, but 3/4 of the times no one said anything), and then find out if the child is biting other kids, or if he is specifically targeting Basil. I hate to get anyone in trouble, but something tells me that we need to do something since she comes home crying about how this boy bites and hits her a LOT. And if he is doing it THIS much, what is being done about it? I am not switching classes, because she is already going to be switching preschools in the Fall, but in the meantime,  this can't keep happening!

I also worry because I have met the boys parents, and they are the kind of parents who constantly scream at him, and just seem a little scary in general. I don't want to judge, but I worry about rocking the boat and making it worse for him....

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"