Washington Babies

Question for PG mamas

What do you like most about being PG?  Least?  Is it what you expected or very different?

Re: Question for PG mamas

• Ok, I'm not pregnant right now, but I have been twice :-)

Liked: feeling the kicks and movements - it is so cool to feel this little body moving inside of you.

Disliked: I am one of very few people who was blessed with PUPPPS Rash. Normally you only get it once. I'm not normal and wound up with it the second time as well. It was awful and itchy and I hated it.

Pregnancy and I don't go super great together, I feel like women who say they loved every.single.minute are lying :-) I expected pregnancy to be more magical (not that I can describe what magical means in my brain) - but it was still fun at times. It's definitely an experience :-P

photo 2d6f681a-40e8-42e5-a771-5a26c7ad29fe_zpsdce5d654.jpg Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I too, am no longer PG, but from what I recall- I enjoyed feeling my little fishy swimming around and the early days when it was our little secret.  I did not enjoy the 2 day leg cramp I got in 2nd tri.  I am not sure what I expected, perhaps to feel sick more.  I enjoyed the time to be in my right brain after 30 years of logical left brain dominance.
  • Loading the player...
  • What do you like most about being PG?  I am currently PG- 29 weeks. I have been lucky to have such an easy pregnant. I actually like being pregnant - so far... feeling "Monster" bounce around is a very strange but fun experience.

Least?  While I love being pregnant there are times when it is not so comfortable...my least favorite thing is that I seem to spend a lot of time in the bathroom. I have to know where all the bathrooms are...

Is it what you expected or very different?  I didnt realize how much your body really does change and the what sensations or feelings you go through.

This is my first and I would/will do it again...some discomfort at times but overall it is exciting!

• What do you like most about being PG? - Realizing there is something growing inside of me. On occasion, I'll call the baby a parasite or an alien, but it's really... indescribable how fascinating it is. I've also noticed while other women get super emotional and moody (apparently?), I am super mellow. Which is really different for my Type A personality. On a less emotional level? Honestly, I love how much my husband is doing for me, like chores and around the house. But that's because....

Least? I am having a really really awful pregnancy. I am still not eating 'normally' and each time I eat (even foods I am pretty sure will be ok) is an adventure in: will it stay down today. I've only just stopped gagging (a whole lot) when brushing my teeth, but my aversion to water has renewed. I have more energy, but not being 'myself' is kind of driving me nuts sometimes.

Is it what you expected or very different? I don't know what I expected. Like someone else said, I expected something more magical (and I can't explain what that magical experience would've been). I thought I'd be more in tune with my body and needs and less miserably sick. I also expected to be super moody and irrational since that's soemthing everyone seems to talk about, but I'm not. I did expect to be somewhat sick as my mom had HG and recent studies have shown it's likely genetic, but I don't think I really comprehended just how sick sick could be. It gave me a whole new level of appreciation for what my mom went through to have me and my siblings.

imageLilypie Maternity tickers
  • avila01avila01 member

I'm going to answer these in reverse order.  :)

Is it what you expected or very different?  So far, for me, it's been very different.  For various reasons, I always assumed that I'd have terrible morning sickness and be relatively miserable, and instead, I know that I'm very lucky to have had very few unpleasant symptoms. 

What do you like least?  Again, since I know I've been very fortunate so far, I'd have to say that what I like least is just waiting to show.  That might sound weird, but I've waited so long to get pregnant, I'm super jealous of others who are due at the same time or even after me who already have cute bumps.  I've got nothing.

What do you like most about being pg?  Just the fact that I am!!  We tried for two and a half years...so this is awesome.  :)  DH has also been really supportive, coming to all of my appointments and such.  I love that I can look at baby stuff or ask DH his opinion about baby stuff, and I know we actually have a reason to do that...I'm not just being obsessive or putting the cart before the horse. 

~~~~Carrie & Shawn~~~~December 21, 2007~~~~ image
    Our Blog!
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain." Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Congratulations Avila!!!!
    J + J = K image Photo by J. Shelton Photography Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • What do you like most about being PG?  

I loved feeling K move and that connection with her being a part of me.  Right now I'm waxing poetic as I have total baby fever and want to be pregnant very badly :)

Least?  

Nausea for several months sucked.  I gained so much weight as fatty foods and constant eating were the only things that stopped me from gagging.  Plus I listened to my doc to keep my heart rate low, giving up running, intense workouts and started walking and doing yoga.  I need hard workouts.  Next time I am more educated on the topic and am not giving up my workouts.  [I have a high heart rate, so if I want my heartrate below 150 I can't even jog or walk too fast].  

Is it what you expected or very different?

I didn't expect morning sickness to last so damn long.  I didn't expect to have a breech baby!  I did expect to have a connection with the baby inside of me, but didn't expect just how hard it is to have a ginormous belly.  

J + J = K image Photo by J. Shelton Photography Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • What do you like most about being PG? I guess the movement.

Least? Feeling out of control with how my body is changing.

Is it what you expected or very different? Each pregancy has been unique so I would say different...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

• I love feeling my baby moving around and watching my stomach with her is so amazing.

I hate all the worry that goes along with it. I am a worry-wart by nature and have had some losses so every little twinge makes me think something might be wrong.

Being pregnant is totally different then what I expected. I didn't think about how hard it is to have all the extra weight to carry around. It hurts sometimes!!

But I cannot wait to meet this little girl in August!!

BFP #1 5/16/11 - M/C 5/20/11 BFP #2 7/26/11 - Chemical Pregnancy 7/28/11 BFP #3 8/31/11 - Chemical Pregnancy 9/10/11 (Worst Birthday Ever!!) BFP #4 12/3/11 DD born 8/13 Perfect in every way!! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"