January 2011 Moms
Options

Scary Moment Yesterday *Kinda Long*

DD literally almost got ran over by a runaway pony & cart yesterday at a family picnic!!  It was totally random, and the scariest mom moment I've ever had...so far!

Every Memorial Day weekend we go to my dad's side of the family campground.  On Sunday there is a big picnic at the pavillion for lunch.  The road into the camp runs right along the pavillion and nobody travels on it except the family.  It leads to all the campsites. 

Anyway, after lunch everyone was relaxing.  DD & her cousin, who is 2, were playing on the edge of the road about 10-15 ft from us.  All the sudden this pony pulling a cart with no driver comes barreling up the road heading right towards DD.  I've never seen DH react so quickly.  Thankfully he jumped up, pushed chairs out of his way, grabbed DD then scooped up her cousin just in time for the pony to miss them both.

The pony stopped along the fence-row.  The campground is surrounded by Amish farms.  Apparently an Amish boy was in the cart when the pony dumped him about 1/2 a mile down the road and took off.  Thankfully nobody was hurt, the other kids were inside a camper coloring.  All anyone could talk about after that was DH's quick reaction & speed.  I couldn't believe how he reacted.  I was impressed and thankful for his quick thinking!! 

Re: Scary Moment Yesterday *Kinda Long*

• Options
    Wow, that is really scary! Glad to hear everyone is alright!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    That is a crazy story for the baby book! Holy  cow!! Im so glad both kids were ok. Kudos to your DH for a quick reaction!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    That sounds scary!  I would still be freaking out.  Glad your hubby had quick reflexes.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thanks!!  It was really scary.  I told hubby that he quick reflexes is now one of the top reasons I married him. :)  I was super impressed!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"