April 2011 Moms

TTC #2, but my body's not ready

Tonight at dinner, DH and I had "the talk," and it looks like we are going to start TTC #2 this summer.  I'm excited, and all that jazz, but this post is about my body.

I'm running a half marathon in 3 weeks, I watch what I eat, and I'm still about 15 lbs up from where I started before LO.  I'm still nursing 1-2x/day, and I wonder if that has something to do with it. 

I wish that there were a fix for this.  I try to remind myself that the number on the scale is irrelevant if my body is strong, etc, but it's not working.  I just need this weight to come off already!

/vent.  Thanks for "listening" guys.  I know that I don't post a ton, but DH and I got rid of our Internet service, so I lurk a lot on my phone, but it is hard to post from there. 

BFP#1 "Watermelon" born 3/2011
BFP#2 "Pumpkin" 7/14/12 ~ EDD 3/23/13 ~ Natural M/C 8/3/12 @ 7 weeks
BFP#3 "Pineapple"  born 4/2013
BFP#4 "Grapefruit" EDD 3/29/16

Re: TTC #2, but my body's not ready

• I've heard that some people's bodies hold on to 10-15 lbs the whole time they're nursing, so that might be what's going on. I just weighed myself at the gym, and I'm *finally* down to pre-pg weight, and I've been running around 15-20 miles a week. (And I know you've been running at least that much.)

You can only do the best you can do, you know? Don't be too hard on yourself. I'll be thinking of you. Hugs!

MacAndCheese
    Mac and cheese lover!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I gained weight while nursing and did drop some, but not all of the extra weight, after I stopped.  You can only do what you can do and it sounds like you're doing everything right. 

Kelly, Mom to Christopher Shannon 9.27.06, Catherine Quinn 2.24.09, Trey Barton lost on 12.28.09, Therese Barton lost on 6.10.10, Joseph Sullivan 7.23.11, and our latest, Victoria Maren 11.15.12

Secondary infertility success with IVF, then two losses, one at 14 weeks and one at 10 weeks, then success with IUI and then just pure, crazy luck.  Expecting our fifth in May as the result of a FET.

This Cluttered Life

• Loading the player...
  • I didn't drop any weight until I stopped breastfeeding and actually went on nutrisystem. I was finally about 5ish pounds up from pre preg when we found out we were expecting #2. 

maybe go for #2 and go hard once he/she is born? I dont know.. that's my plan at least! ;)

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"