August 2011 Moms
Options

Finally rocking :)

Woo hoo!  Scott can now get onto all fours and is doing a little rocking back and forth.  He will just not stay like that very long.

If your LO when through this stage, how long before crawling?  Please please describe the process your LO took to figure out how to crawl. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Finally rocking :)

• Options
    Woohoo!!  I think it took Elias a month of rocking (and whining) before he started crawling.  However, Ellie went through this phase in a matter of days and she was around 10 months when she started crawling.  I think Scott will be crawling soon since he's an older baby.  Go Scott, go!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    For us Logan did the rocking on all fours for about 3weeks and then he started to crawl. Of course I think it is different for all babies. One thing to help encourage is to put a favorite toy a bit out of reach. Good luck :D and keep us posted.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    A month for us too.  Dd just started crawling a few days ago.  Now she's all over the place.  Go Scott!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    That's awesome!  I'm not any help, but I share your enthusiasm because my DD is doing the same thing!  She started about 2 weeks ago, but no crawling yet.  Every time she looks like she's about to move, she slips down to her belly, haha.
  • Options
    I'd say about a month of rocking.  He would get frustrated and just roll over. He finally crawled because he was intrigued by the DustBuster that we across the room. The DustBuster and the dog really got him moving. The poor dog doesn't stand a chance anymore!
  • Options
    I think we had about two weeks between rocking and real crawling. And in the middle of that, we had backwards crawling before DD figured out how to go forward. There were a lot of faceplants in the beginning, she kept getting her knees tucked up under her butt and tipping forward onto her face, lol. I also recommend putting a toy just out of reach for him to crawl to. We found that DD was most interested in crawling towards toys that light up and/or play music. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Jack was up 
  • Options
    Jack was up on all fours rocking for about a month too. 

Liam started crawling later than jack, he was about 9.5 mos. He got up and rocked only a couple of times before he took off. He was a fast crawler with in the week. 

They're all different. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"