Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Natural miscarriage - what to expect

I started spotting earlier this week. I went to in for an ultrasound on Thursday and the technician saw what may have been the fetal pole measuring 6 weeks 0 days - no heartbeat. However, I should have been about 9 weeks 3 days at the ultrasound. That night I started cramping and bleeding more heavily. The doctor was hesitant to say it was definitely a miscarriage but she admitted that it was unlikely the pregnancy would be viable. I've been bleeding for the past few days, red blood, lots of clots and some tissue. It's been like a medium-heavy period. How long can I expect to bleed? I go in next week for a re-check.

I'm blessed to have two healthy babies at home but my husband and I were so thrilled to have a third. When I saw the pink/red spotting this week...I felt like I just knew. This pregnancy lacked all my usual symptoms... it just never felt quite right.

Pregnancy Ticker Baby#3 5/4/12 EDD 12/24/12, miscarriage 9w3d 5/24/12 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Natural miscarriage - what to expect

• Options

So sorry for your loss. :(

I just had an ultrasound 3 days ago when I should have been 10w4d and was told that the baby never grew past a fetal pole and measured somewhere between 4-6 weeks. I wasn't spotting or bleeding on my own, so I was given Cytotec to pass everything. The first day I had bleeding a bit heavier than my usually heavy periods, a couple egg-sized clots and a dozen smaller clots. The next two days I had a few clots but bleeding started to get less and less, I thought it was over. Then today (day 4) I had bad cramps and more bleeding, and passed one giant placenta-like clot, about 7 inches long and 4 inches wide. After that the cramps and bleeding lessened again. I'm hoping everything is out now.

Good luck, and I'm sorry again. This would have been our 3rd baby too. 

Anneliese Olive 11/5/09
    Hazel Dianna 1/8/11
    Luna Valentine 4/25/13

• Options
    kd&cdkd&cd member

I'm so sorry for your loss. Im not going to lie, the next week is going to be hard BUT I promise it gets better!

I was told on May 6 that I had an incomplete miscarriage...I had been having some brown spotting for 2 days and no pain. About 2 days after I started bleeding lightly with clots, then suddenly it stopped. 2 days later I had what felt like contractions (lasted about 2 mins each & about 5 mins apart) for about an hour and passed the baby/sac. I bled for 2 more days with no pain. Now my body feels like it didnt happen at all...so I guess back to normal.

Again, im sorry you have to go through this :)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers 

Oct 16/13. BFP @ 11 dpo

Oct 21/13. Beta 360 @ 16 dpo

Oct 23/13. Beta 749 @ 18 dpo

Nov 24/13. Saw HB (141bpm) & baby wiggle around via ultrasound @ 9w5d due date changed to June 23!!

Dec 6/13. Heard HB (122bpm) via Doppler at OB @ 11w3d

Jan 9/14. Heard HB (124bpm) via Doppler at OB @ 16w3d irregular beat

Jan 29/14. DH felt kicks for first time @ 19w3d

Feb 2/14. Saw baby via ultrasound (quick scan in ER) @ 19w6d

Feb 6/14. Heard HB (126-134bpm) via Doppler @ 20w3d normal beat

Feb 15/14. AS - baby looked great (measured 1w small) and would NOT let us see sex! @ 21w5d 

Feb 20/14  3D US - its a GIRL!!!!! @ 22w3d

Feb 27/14. Repeat AS for more pics, HB 124bpm  @ 23w3d

Mar 6/14. Heard HB (130bpm) via Doppler @ 24w3d

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers  

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    LovenizLoveniz member
    I'm so sorry for your loss. I started spotting on a Wednesday and passed the sac on a Saturday, I bleed for another 2 days, then tapered back to spotting. After the spotting stopped I have had no more bleeding or spotting since.
    TTC #1 Since Oct 2011
    BFP #1 4/29/12 m/c 5/18/12 at 6w2d
    BFP #2 8/28/12 EDD 5/10/13 MC 9/22/12 at 6w4d
    BFP #3 12/31/12 EDD 9/12/13

Me Dx: DOR   DH: all tests normal
    Our Pretty Little Nest Blog
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Thank you all for your replies and support. 
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby#3 5/4/12 EDD 12/24/12, miscarriage 9w3d 5/24/12 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I started to spot Thursday and miscarried today.  I started with bad cramping that was terribly painful.  Heat helped sooth it and I eventually took a bath where I relaxed enough to get things going.  There was a lot of blood and clots, but once it passed out of my body it tapered off again.  DH was at work so I did this alone and I wouldn't recommend it if you can help it.  
    TTC 03/2011 several rounds of Clomid BFP 11/02/2011 blighted ovum Dx 11/23 - Cytotec 12/07 miscarried 12/26 BFP 04/01/2012 stopped growing six weeks - natural miscarriage 05/27 BFP 09/28/2015 image
  • Options
    I'm sorry for your loss. I bled heavily for 2 days, lightly for another 5, and then spotted for another 11 days. It seemed to take forever, although I know many women bleed longer than that. It also took another 2 weeks after the bleeding stopped for my hcg to be low enough that I started getting negative HPTs. I hope that the physical part is over quickly for you so that your emotional healing can start.

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• Options
    fabkfabk member

I am sorry for your loss.

I had light spotting starting on a Tuesday, just in the evening, and again on Wed. On Thursday morning I still had spotting so I went to emerg. I was 12 weeks 4 days pregnant. I had no previous spotting and absolutely no pain at that point. They did the U/S and told me it only measured 6weeks and I was miscarrying. I had a bit more pain on Friday, and around Midnight I had a big bleed. I had no pain just before that passed, I had been uncomfortable in bed and decided to get up.

The next day the cramping started and I had a few more larger clots pass. The pain now comes and goes, but the bleeding has nearly stopped now.

• Options
    TisharpTisharp member
    We found out on a Friday that the baby was only measuring 6 weeks, but should have been 9.  I started spotting that night and the spotting got heavier through the weekend.  I had Hcg draws on that Friday and then again in the ER on Saturday and again the following Monday.  My numbers dropped from almost 15,000 to 10,000 in that time.  Early morning of that Tuesday, the "main" part of the miscarriage happened.  It lasted about 4 hours.  I woke up around 1:30am in horrible pain and it lasted until somewhere between 5am and 6am.  A heating pad did WONDERS for me, and I'd suggest getting one if you don't already have one (we didn't, and since I didn't want to be left alone, my husband had to call my mom to ask her to go get one at 2am).  I had an already scheduled dr's apppointment that morning at 9am.  By then, almost everything had passed.  I had 1 remaining clot that the dr was a bit worried about, but it ended up passing that Friday.  After that week of what I'd call medium - heavy flow, I had a light flow for a few more days, and then some spotting for a few days.

Missing our little turkey.
    Estimated Due Date 11/13/12 | Natural Miscarriage 4/17/12

Daisypath Anniversary tickersPitaPata Cat tickers
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Wow, I'm almost in the exact same boat as you. Third pregnancy, I have a 21 month old son and a just turned 3 year old daughter. Went in at 8 weeks and all they saw was a sac that measured around 6 weeks and I was told that things didn't look good. Started spotting, then bleeding a medium-heavy period this weekend with some tissue and clots too. Go in for a second blood draw today and then another ultrasound on Thursday. Just praying for this nightmare to be over and hoping that was it?? This pregnancy didn't ever feel right either. I'm so sorry for your loss.
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"