Breastfeeding
Options

Help me decide

I'm having trouble deciding whether I should switch to just FF. LO started off on the breast in the hospital but then got dehydrated and was having issues with jaundice (she ended up spending 2 extra days in the hospital) so we supplemented with formula.  When I got home from the hospital it turned out I had an infection in my toe and had to be put on antibiotics that I couldn't BF on. I have been pumping and dumping for the past 10 days to keep my supply up while giving DD formula.

I am not comfortable having her BF with me taking the antibiotics as well as Zoloft but I don't know if I can continue to pump and dump for the next 2 weeks while FF her.  I'm by myself (DH is deployed) and the stress and exhaustion is starting to get to me. Plus if I stop trying to BF I could get off the Zoloft and back on my other anti anxiety/depression meds that are stronger and work better than the Zoloft. Plus I'm going to have to have surgery on my toe and will probably be on pain meds for a few more days that I won't be able to BF with.  So that would probably be around 20 more days of having to pump and dump.

I am just feeling incredibly guilty about not BF.  I just don't know what to do Huh?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Help me decide

• Options
    You are going to have to weigh your options and what is best for you and your baby.  If you want to push through and try to BF great, if not and you will be less stressed out FF great.  Don't beat yourself up.  GL
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    That sounds really difficult! I don't have advice except that It sounds like you are a really loving and caring mom. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"