Attachment Parenting

Should I sell my Beco Butterfly 2? Help me decide.

My current stash consists of a sleepy wrap that I'm just about done with due to lo's weight, a Boba 2g that DH and I shared and loved with older DD from 16mos-2.5 years, a wrap conversion sbp ring sling that I suck at using but hope to master, and a gorgeous girasol that I have just started playing around (I'm pretty sure I need a thinner wrap though).

I also have a Beco that I used twice with #1 and once with #2. I'm considering selling it to fund a Boba 3G because I want to nurse in a carrier ASAP. The Boba fits my body better than the Beco. It would be easier to let DH keep the Boba we have adjusted for himself and let me use the new one. On the other hand I like the ease of back carries with the Beco and am considering holding on to it for a bit longer.

Basically I have several carriers that I tinker with but will likely reach for an SSC and the panel in the Beco doesn't work for me for nursing. The new features on the Boba are enticing. 

To sell or not to sell? 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Should I sell my Beco Butterfly 2? Help me decide.

• I have no experience with carriers, but from what you just wrote about only using it 3 times between 2 kids I'd sell it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• MsCat19MsCat19 member
    Sell and get what you'll use!  And you can get most of what you bought it for if it's in like new condition! 

imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • You say the Boba fits you better than the Beco which to me gives the answer: yes sell the Beco Butterfly, get a Boba. But do you know that the Beco gemini doesn't have a panel, so nursing in it is a breeze? Anyway, this was my favorite SSC and believe it or not, we used it last weekend for DD who is 2 and 29 pounds when we went hiking. I was pretty surprised that it still worked. Anyway, just wanted to confuse you and give you second thoughts :-)
    Single mom of DD (2010), TTC #2 since June 2013.
    Occasionally I'm blogging about my life with flybaby.
  • I would sell it. I got rid of anything I didn't use much with DD. I just couldn't deal with storing it, especially since I am a sentimental sap and wanted to store everything she used a ton, even if I used it so much there's no hope of ever using it with a second kid. My disintegrating Ergo is lovingly packed in a box in my storage unit in NYC. The framed Kelty carrier we only used 3 times was sold to someone in my old neighborhood.

Sorry for the run-on sentence above. I've been looking at it for five minutes and can't fix it.

Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Good points. Must resist the urge to hoarde.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • The Beco didn't fit me well either. I think we're similar size. I was able to sell mine in a day here on TB. I would sell it & get something that fits better, no question. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"