October 2012 Moms
Options

Graco Travel Lite Crib vs. Pack n' Play?

HI Ladies!  My husband and I went into a Babies R Us to check out pack n' plays since I'd registered for one, and he pointed to a smaller version called the Travel Lite that he liked better.  He insisted that, with our limited bedroom space (we're planning on using it as a day-time napper, travel crib, and ultimately a bassinet that we'll keep in our bedroom), the smaller version would be a better choice.  Not to mention, it would fit better in my office at work when I need to bring the baby to work.

Has anyone used one of these and found them to be just fine for their little ones?  My concern is that, while the smaller version is ideal for our home and office, our baby might grow out of it too fast?  I don't know...

At this point, I'm looking at one of these to stand in for a bassinet, but since these can be used longer and can travel much better, it seems like a better way to spend my money.  But if baby is going to grow out of it as soon as she would a bassinet, or if this is too small for an older baby to play in, I'll need to consider the larger pack n' play.

Any thoughts?  

Here is the one we're considering if you'd like to take a look.  Compare it to any Graco traditional-sized pack n' play model.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Graco Travel Lite Crib vs. Pack n' Play?

• Options
    We have the travel lite. We just brought it with us last week on a one night overnight, and needless to say DS is definitely too big for it now lol. I would say it would've worked until probably 10-12 months or so? We didn't use it much after last summer when he was 7 months since we bought a house (like you, we had small bedroom space when he was born!) However, it was great for us for a while. He was in his bassinet for about 8 weeks then transitioned into that.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

It's time if you realize that you will probably need to come up with another solution by the time the baby is 9 months or so. 

Persoanally, I'd get the regular PnP to save yourself money in the long run..... 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Wally3Wally3 member
    As others said it will only last 10 - 12 months - it says 20lbs.  Our pack n play lasted to DS was about 2.5.  So it is up to you how long you want to use it and how much it costs.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    The weight limit on the Travel Lite is pretty low - I think about 20 lbs.  DS hit 20 lbs by 9 months.  He can still use the regular PnP though, and will probably be able to for at least another year.  I wouldn't buy the Travel Lite as a replacement for a PnP, but if you choose to, know that you'll probably have to buy a PnP within a year, anyway.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We had the travel lite for our son. We used it as a bassinet and then when we knew we'd be going some where he'd need a nap we took it along with us and it made for a great portable crib. As someone mentioned though it does have the weight/size limit. Our lil munchkin couldn't stretch out in it when he got close to a year. If you think having it for a year and then upgrading is a good deal for you guys then I say go for it. We are going to use it again for this lil one so I didn't consider it a waste of money in the slightest. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Natural MC - 4/18/10 (9 weeks)
    DS was born six weeks early on December 2010!
    Natural MC - 11/21/11 (7 weeks)
    DS born full term on October 2012!
  • Options
    It would be more effective to get the regular one. We have used it with our first until he was almost 3 (for travel). I recommend using the MamaDoo Kids mattress topper for extra comfort and support (our DS would wake up every hour, ouch!). It folds so it is also portable. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"