July 2011 Moms
Options

Will you ever drive

the dreaded mini van?

I'm still saying not here.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Will you ever drive

• Options
    NO. And I know, I know, "never say never". But I am declaring this a "never". My kid/future kids can fit just fine in my Jeep. 
  • Options
    no, I will not
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    awisernawisern member
    No.  I have a crossover...if I ever need more room I will get a crossover with a third row.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

imageswimiz500:
    NO. And I know, I know, "never say never". But I am declaring this a "never". My kid/future kids can fit just fine in my Jeep. 

Lol this, and if there's ever a problem with space.. We'll just have to get a bigger Jeep. 

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

Trying for #2 since Oct 11
    732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 
    3 Fresh IVFs= 1 Ectopic treated with MTX
    Spontaneous pregnancy #2= Ectopic #2= lost left tube
    Spontaneous pregnancy #3= DD2 January 29, 2016
    Spontaneous pregnancy #4= Ectopic #3
    Spontaneous pregnancy #5= Baby #3 is a BOY!!! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imageMrs Castillo:

imageswimiz500:

Lol this, and if there's ever a problem with space.. We'll just have to get a bigger Jeep. 

That's what I was thinking too :)  

• Options
    clineakclineak member
    Probably not. We're more of an SUV type of family. :)
  • Options

Sure, why not?  

DH says no though.

My sister has one and it's pretty awesome how much crap we can pile in her car to go to the beach in the summer.  I mean...3 carseats....that is amazing! 

• Options
    I have a 5 seat SUV right now but would love more space if we have 2-3 more kids. I am thinking a Suburban should cover it but if push comes to shove I would drive a MiniVan. 
  • Options
    I want 4 kids (husband only wants 3), and I'm feeling really cramped in our sedan right now so I'd LOVE a minivan.  A fancy one with built in dvd players on each side and knick knacks like that would be awesome.  Not yet though!
  • Options
    I used to be in the "never" camp. My friend recently got a new one and it is niiiiice. I'm changing my tune.

BFP #1 via IUI ~ L (Fatal Birth Defect) 4/7/10
    BFP #2 via IUI ~ m/c
    BFP #3 via cancelled IUI ~ C (2lb 3oz; HELLP) 5/16/11
    BFP #4 via the natural (free!) way ~ E (8lb 11oz) 9/13/12

• Options

imageclineak:
    Probably not. We're more of an SUV type of family. :)

Same here

We're just going to upgrade to a bigger SUV. We have an Escape now

• Options

I was one who said never. I <3 my van. 

We looked at 3rd row suvs & they would have been a big pain in the butt. I needed easy. We have a lot more space with the van too. 

• Options
    Nah. We will stick with a sedan. But, I'd get a van before an suv. I don't get the hate for vans.  
    Born at 31w3d due to severe IUGR & Placental Insufficiency--2lbs 3ounces

We'll miss you sweet Debbie Girl (4.21.12) and sweet Cindy Girl (8.9.12)
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options

Already there, friends. It was more or less a coincidence though. DH and I happened to be looking for a different car for me the month I got pregnant, and he found a couple of used minivans on craigslist that were much cheaper than cars from the same time period & with similar mileage. We bought it the day after we found out I was KU! But we still would have bought it had we not been expecting a baby.

We really like it. It does have a lot of space, and I like that the sun is never in Audrey's eyes. What I don't like is that it doesn't have the Latch system, so her car seat doesn't seem as secure. When she was 4 months old we bought a Nissan Altima, and we use that more often since it gets a lot better gas mileage. It's kind of a catch-22 for long trips... the van holds all of our stuff, but it costs us almost twice as much in gas to drive it.

Jess & Adam, married 2009, precious Audrey born in 2011. BFP 1/6/13, 6-wk MMC discovered at 9 wks 2/11/13. D&C 2/18/13, second D&C 4/23/13 for retained placenta.
    BFP 8/24/13!! EDD 5/1/14, delivered healthy and sweet Zoey Leanne on 5/5/14 by repeat c-section.
  • Options
    We already have one.  DH drives it.  I prefer my CRV, but the van is older.  I wouldn't mind a nice new mini van with all the bells and whistles.  The Honda Odysey is pretty nice!
  • Options

Nope!

My smaller SUV is just fine!

• Options
    lisamoelisamoe member

I say "NO" but, I'm sure the practicality of a minivan will be taking over for my beloved SUV.

Sighhhhh....

• Options
    No, but we're also one and done. We may get a crv if K is into activities needing more space.
  • Options

I love my mini van.  I've been driving one for 4 years now.  We didn't even NEED it space-wise (it was just DH, son and I) when we bought it, but we knew we'd be TTC within the year, so it just made sense (bought it in early 2008, DD1 was born in 2009 and then DD2 in 2011).

It's very nice and paid off.  I often find myself lusting over a couple of the newer models, but I remind myself that the extra money in the bank account is more lust-worthy.  I'll drive this one until it's dead, more than likely.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I used to say never as did my DH, we have one now and love it.
  • Options
    ksulliksulli member
    Not likely. We're looking into a Chevy traverse or a ford explorer at the moment, both of which seat 7 or 8.  We only hope to have two kids (and I am niot medically capable of an 'oops' baby), so we'll have seating for friends if we drive them all anywhere, or room for stuff when it's just the family. 
    *Married 10.10.08*
    TTC #1 9.09 - BFP#1:2.18.10= missed m/c, D&C 4.16
    BFP#2:10.22.10=Avelin born 7.2.11
    TTC#2: 2.13 - BFP#3: 7.25.13=Kelsey born 3.31.14
  • Options

Yep we gave up in October and bought a minivan.

It got wrecked about 2 months ago (I got hit by an oversized load after swerving to avoid a wreck in front of me) and we managed to find the exact make, model and color to replace it.

BFP #1 10/28/09 EDD 06/24/10- Miscarriage 11/2/09
    BFP #2 11/30/09 EDD 08/12/10- Sophia Grace born 8/1/10
    BFP #3 11/16/10 EDD 08/04/11- Samuel Richard born 7/28/11
    BFP #4 01/04/12 EDD 09/19/12- Simon Nathaniel born 9/6/12
    BFP #5 03/27/13 EDD 11/25/13- Savannah Lee born 11/18/13
  • Options
    weebos8weebos8 member

Uh, we totally got one.

Le Sigh 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Absolutely NOT! I will buy a bigger, more gas guzzling SUV before I buy a mini-van LOL I have some friends with 3 kids that say it is amazing to have the space and seating but I just can't do it. I, personally, feel I am just too cool for a mini-van.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________ 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers  
  • Options

imageErin&Rod:
    We already have one.  DH drives it.  I prefer my CRV, but the van is older.  I wouldn't mind a nice new mini van with all the bells and whistles.  The Honda Odysey is pretty nice!

I hear you!  I was in the never camp until I saw the Odysey too.  It caught my eye.  Once I literally drive my car into the ground that's probably what we'll get.  I never liked them before but now that I haul around so much more I am warming to the idea. 

• Options
    Nope. That's one "never" we're sticking to. We are only having two kids and a van is unnecessary for us. 
  • Options

imagedamabo80:
    I used to be in the "never" camp. My friend recently got a new one and it is niiiiice. I'm changing my tune.

Same here! 

• Options

Maybe. They are convenient and the new Honda Odyssey is pretty awesome. 

I'm pretty hot so I can pull off the mini. ;) 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I dread the idea of getting an SUV even, which I probably will when we have #2. A minivan? No. No no no.
  • Options

imagekatie4253:
    Nah. We will stick with a sedan. But, I'd get a van before an suv. I don't get the hate for vans.  

ITA.

We have two sedans and aren't in the market for a car at the moment, but if/when the need arises we will probably go with a minivan.

imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"