Two Under 2
Options

2u2 babysitting?

CryingMy kids are going to be about 26months apart.

MIL is babysitting LO1 right now, shes made it very clear that she does not want to babysit both once LO2 arrives......what do i do?

We cannot afford daycare right now. I work full time and my job is already in limbo as is, so i cannot take on another expense.

my parents cant take care of the kids cuz they work full time and they struggle with my younger siblings.

Re: 2u2 babysitting?

• Options
    Well....If you can't talk your  MIL into babysitting both, then I guess you'll have to either pay for one or both kids in day care or stay home. Someone's got to watch the babies. Maybe create a strict budget and make cuts with your cable, internet, cell phone, etc. That's what we're doing for our next LO because this wasn't planned like DD was. Do you have any friends that already stay home with their kids? If so, maybe they wouldn't mind have a few extra kids around.
  • Options

imageJenn0810:
    Well....If you can't talk your  MIL into babysitting both, then I guess you'll have to either pay for one or both kids in day care or stay home. Someone's got to watch the babies. Maybe create a strict budget and make cuts with your cable, internet, cell phone, etc. That's what we're doing for our next LO because this wasn't planned like DD was. Do you have any friends that already stay home with their kids? If so, maybe they wouldn't mind have a few extra kids around.

I agree with this.  Childcare is something you need to take into consideration before having the next one.  I'm sorry your MIL doesn't want to watch two, but it's her choice, and esp. since it sounds like she is doing it for free. IMHO I would have brought it up with her before deciding on another LO.  DC for older ones is cheaper, maybe you can get your older one into a 2-3 year old program.  What does your DH do?  Can either of you switch around shifts so you work opposite hours?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie - (HKbp)Lilypie - (WKbt)
     Lilypie - (2DqE)  Lilypie - (1KYE)
    Lilypie - (RlhZ)Lilypie - (1CAm)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    delg23delg23 member
    I hear in home daycares are cheaper. I sah because I wouldn't cover daycare costs if I worked so I'm no help. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

If you cannot afford daycare for 2 little ones you might not be able to work.

It is not your MIL's job to babysit your children for you.  And from the sound of your post she is doing it for free.  That is insanely generous. 

Time to start budgeting for either one income or for daycare costs.  Good luck!

Married 6/28/03

Kate ~ 7/3/09 *** Connor ~ 11/11/10

4 miscarriages: 2007, 2009, 2013, 2014

*~*~*~*~*

No more TTC for us. We are done, and at peace, as a family of 4.

"Suffering has been stronger than all other teaching, and has taught me to understand what your heart used to be. I have been bent and broken, but – I hope – into a better shape.” — Charles Dickens

• Options

I can't blame her! It's pretty unfair to make an older person watch 2 kids full time that are so small at once.

Your options are-find cheaper daycare for the older one and make a lot of sacrifices to afford to, or find a job opposite shifts from your spouse.

GL

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"