New to The Bump

Trying to get pregnant... soon.

Hi!

I have been on BC (Ortho Tricyclin) for about 8 years. My husband & I plan on trying to get pregnant soon. We preferably would like to conceive in August or September of this year (due to our working situations). I'm trying to figure out when I should stop taking my pill. Should I stop in July so I have a month or so to get back on track? Or wait until August? Or do I stop taking it now and use a back up method for a couple months? I never thought trying to get pregnant could be so confusing!

Thank you for your help in advance! :)

Re: Trying to get pregnant... soon.

• I was on the same birth control. I quit taking mine at the end of January (of this year), I found out that I was pregnant a few days after valentines day and had a miscarriage in March. I never went back on the pill and a few weeks after my miscarriage, I found out that I was pregnant again. Now here I am. 

If I were you, I would wait until July or August to go off of it. You will be quicker to conceive that way.

Good luck to you and your husband. 

pregnancy calendar pregnancy due date Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers ~Our little peanut is due on December 18th 2012 and we couldn't be more excited...We love you, baby.~
  • I would go off of it now, so that you can start charting your cycles without the BC and find out how long your cycles and such are.  Your body could take a while to get back on track and ovulate, all of our bodies are different though.  But giving it three or four months, you will be able to see when the most fertile time for you possibly is.  I went of bc two months ago, and I am still trying to figure mine out.  I had two periods in a month, so I still haven't been able to see how long mine are and stuff.  I had been on bc for four years, and never had paid attention before.

Short version, I'd go off now and chart everything and use the cool tools here. 

• Loading the player...
  • I agree with the other ladies. I would go off the pill now. I was on the pill for 16 years (Ortho tricyclin, Yaz and Beyaz) before TCC. I went off the pill in Oct 2011 and immediately started tracking my ovulation. I didn't ovulate until January 2012 and we got pregnant in March 2012. I know every woman is different but it might take some time for your body to re-adjust after being on the pill. Good luck!
  • I agree with the ladies as well. I have been off BC for 6 months and I am still not having regular cycles. I would get off the BC now and chart to see how long your cycles are and even if you are Oing.

Can'tWait2BeAMommy
    Me: 25 DH:25 (Born exact same day)
    TTC #1 Since January 2012
    Diagnosed with PCOS in 2007
    Clomid Round #1 50mg June 2012= BFP EDD 3/25/13 BabyFetus Ticker
  • imagebamjewell:

I would go off of it now, so that you can start charting your cycles without the BC and find out how long your cycles and such are.  Your body could take a while to get back on track and ovulate, all of our bodies are different though.

YEP! THIS!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageHiLLjO:
    imagebamjewell:

I would go off of it now, so that you can start charting your cycles without the BC and find out how long your cycles and such are.  Your body could take a while to get back on track and ovulate, all of our bodies are different though.

YEP! THIS!

Ditto!  I think the earlier you get to know your body and your cycles, you can better plan when you want to get pregnant, and even to Natural Family Planning and not have to worry about a back up method.  Everyone knows condoms SUCK! ;-)  Good luck!!!! 

• Thank you everyone for the tips! I appreciate it :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"