High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Cyst Near Heart - Pericardial?

Hi Everyone...

Yesterday I had my a/s.  Everything looks perfectly normal, except a small fluid pocket/cyst near the babies heart.  It is not attached to the heart, or affecting the heart is any way.  It is just there. 

My Dr.s basically told me that they have never seen something like this before and that they have no idea what it is.  They gave me a large range of possibilities....tumor, cyst, hernia, etc.  Basically they have no idea.

They are positive because the baby shows no other abnormalities and is growing fine (actually a little ahead).  We just need to figure out what it is.  So, here I am in limbo, which all of us have been in - and it sucks.

Has anyone else been through this?  Any thoughts and prayers would be appreciated. 

Thanks.

ME: 31 PCOS - DH: 32 Perfect. 
TTC #1 started 8.2010. 
BFP #1 3.2.11Blighted ovum, missed m/c, 4.3.11-6.22.11 Provera

BFP #2 Aug 2011 Clomid 50mg+Met missed m/c found 9w5d | cytotec 10.26.11 
BFP #3 - CD36 - Jan. 2012 - 100mg Clomid + 2000met-  Baby Boy born 10.06.12 with 1 in a billion CHD. Perfect otherwise. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
Open Heart Surgery @ 5 months old.Happy, healthy, and as normal as could be!  We thank God every day.EP/BF for 12.5 months

TTC#2 - November 2012

BFP #4:  O'd on CD25 (Aug. 2014).  DD May 6, 2015. RCS planned.
Beta@14dpo: 184, 17dpo: 520.  44 hr. doubling time.  p4: 54U/S 8 weeks 1 day, 161 bpm

Re: Cyst Near Heart - Pericardial?

• Options

kind of. I hope in your case that it's nothing, but I will tell you what my/our experience was. I'm not trying to scare you or be negative. I've read & heard about a lot of cases where there's a small pocket of fluid & it's nothing. I would recommend a fetal echo with a pedi cardi at some point after 24w (the heart is a lot bigger & easier to see. I know some pedi cardis - 1 of ours partners actually - prefers to do a f/u fetal echo around 30-33w if there's a sign of an abnormality early on w/o any other markers being present).

I had a fetal echo at 24w w/#2 b/c she had a very large cystic hygroma w/septations (that did resolve by 19w) and that can be an early warning sign for heart defects.
    The MFM I was seeing at the time noted a small pocket of fluid near her left atrium, but told us if I was any other patient he'd have never mentioned it & her heart was healthy. 
    He was very, very wrong. Honestly, looking back at the experience I had with that dr, I think he wrote it off b/c he didn't like that I continued my pregnancy after he told me my baby had, basically, no chance of survival.

A routine growth u/s showed "something" wrong with her heart & I went doctor & hospital shopping. I ended up with a wonderful pedi cardi for my daughter & just went with a dr at that hospital. 
    She was dx'd w/ hetertoxy & heart defects before birth - after birth the heart part of her dx changed slightly (for the better), but was still very close to what we were expecting. N had open heart surgery at 9.5months old to close her VSD (not typical, but b/c of her heterotaxy & the position it wouldn't have closed). If you didn't know there was anything wrong with her, before or after surgery, you'd never geuss all she's been through. She's a happy, healthy little girl.

Good luck!! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"