Blended Families
Options

FFFC?

Anyone?
Mama of 2: one who grew in my womb, both who grow in my heart.

Re: FFFC?

• Options
    Krisx2Krisx2 member

I am too tired/lazy to keep up with DD today. So she is in a diaper even though she is pretty well potty trained. We are going to sit on the couch and watch cartoons and wait for DH to call and tell us what the lawyers/judge say after the meeting today. :P 

I'm not even going to pretend to be supermom today.  

Mio Marito per Sempre: Married 2009. SD is 12 yrs. DD is 4 yrs.

DS born 12/29/14

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options

I was mean to DH this morning.  I am having issues with his BSC sister and I'm a little sore he didn't 'firmly' stand up to her on my behalf (he half azz did). 

Anyhow he was talking about this family we know and he said 'they are all a little mad aren't they (the kids).  The parents must be crazy or something'.

I looked right at him and said 'have you met your family?' He was kinda p!ssed but didn't say anything.

Thats it really otherwise all is quiet with us.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    SWmamaSWmama member
    I took DD to daycare yesterday and today even though I had the last 2 days off. I felt kinda guilty doing it today, particularly since DH and I are leaving tomorrow to spend the weekend away. Maybe I'll pick her up after nap time.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    kali55kali55 member
    I love SD1 but I don't like her very much right now.  Since we started swapping notes with BM and keeping her accountable at both households she has resisted and is going out of her way to get ALL the attention, even if it's bad attention

BabyFruit Ticker
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    SigirSigir member

Yesterday I got my exh's response and cross motion to our motion for him to have to pay 50% of work related child care.  I am 38 weeks pregnant and still working, and the thought of having to prepare a response to this bs motion made me feel so terrible that I broke down.  I was not upset over the BS content of the motion, I was upset because I don't want to have to deal with this and spend time on this at this stage of the pregnancy.

I feel like a bad wife in that I got very upset last night about this.  I really had an ugly cry and was going on about wanting peace and wanting my old life back.  I feel like I should be able to be stronger about this and I hate that I am giving the perception that exh gets to me so much, to my dh.  My parents tell me that I have to be stronger and not let this bother me so much or else dh will leave me.  I don't think that is true (my parents are not the best with supporting people all the time and have a tendency to say the wrong thing), but now I have it in the back of my head.

So last night I was feeling very low.  I was thinking that once this baby is born, dh can have it (he has a lot of support from his family), dc can go to her dad's, and I will just off myself because the prospect of dealing with this strife for the rest of my life is too daunting to bear.  That feeling passed, and I know I have a tendency for depression, but I just felt so overwhelmed last night.  :(  I just want my life back - all these court battles started 1 year ago this memorial day weekend, and I just remember back when my life was peaceful with such happiness.  Yes, I paid for everything and let exh walk on me, but at least I was not constantly waiting with dread for emails, and having so many active court actions going on at once.

Maybe things will get better when I am not longer pregnant, but I am a realist- I know how hard a newborn is.  Maybe I need a therapist.  Thanks for listening, sorry so long.  :(

• Options
    imageSigir:

Yesterday I got my exh's response and cross motion to our motion for him to have to pay 50% of work related child care.  I am 38 weeks pregnant and still working, and the thought of having to prepare a response to this bs motion made me feel so terrible that I broke down.  I was not upset over the BS content of the motion, I was upset because I don't want to have to deal with this and spend time on this at this stage of the pregnancy.

I feel like a bad wife in that I got very upset last night about this.  I really had an ugly cry and was going on about wanting peace and wanting my old life back.  I feel like I should be able to be stronger about this and I hate that I am giving the perception that exh gets to me so much, to my dh.  My parents tell me that I have to be stronger and not let this bother me so much or else dh will leave me.  I don't think that is true (my parents are not the best with supporting people all the time and have a tendency to say the wrong thing), but now I have it in the back of my head.

So last night I was feeling very low.  I was thinking that once this baby is born, dh can have it (he has a lot of support from his family), dc can go to her dad's, and I will just off myself because the prospect of dealing with this strife for the rest of my life is too daunting to bear.  That feeling passed, and I know I have a tendency for depression, but I just felt so overwhelmed last night.  :(  I just want my life back - all these court battles started 1 year ago this memorial day weekend, and I just remember back when my life was peaceful with such happiness.  Yes, I paid for everything and let exh walk on me, but at least I was not constantly waiting with dread for emails, and having so many active court actions going on at once.

Maybe things will get better when I am not longer pregnant, but I am a realist- I know how hard a newborn is.  Maybe I need a therapist.  Thanks for listening, sorry so long.  :(

It's not a bad idea.  You have a lot of stress and just talking about it to someone outside of the situation could be really helpful.  I hope you feel better soon.

PhotobucketLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I haven't seen SD since the great Jerry Springer episode of 2011. I have no desire whatsoever to mend that fence. Nor do I have any desire to be in the same space. Found out she will be attending nephews grad party next weekend. Blargh. I am totally cool with H building whatever relationship he can with her and the grand kid but I am done. And I now don't want to go next weekend :(
  • Options
    bebe11bebe11 member

My mother in law is having a family dinner for my birthday tonight, and I REALLY wish I could cancel.. It's been a rough week and the thought of all the screaming kids is already giving me a headache.

I am really hating my H's new position at work.  He wakes up at 4:30am, turns the shower on, leaves the shower on while he sits on the toilet for 30 (yes THIRTY minutes), then takes a 30 minute shower, leaves at 5:30 and my alarm goes off at 6.  So really I am up at 4:30 listening to the shower run for a hour.  I am so tired all week, oh how I wish I was a morning person. 

• Options
    imagebebe11:

My mother in law is having a family dinner for my birthday tonight, and I REALLY wish I could cancel.. It's been a rough week and the thought of all the screaming kids is already giving me a headache.

I am really hating my H's new position at work.  He wakes up at 4:30am, turns the shower on, leaves the shower on while he sits on the toilet for 30 (yes THIRTY minutes), then takes a 30 minute shower, leaves at 5:30 and my alarm goes off at 6.  So really I am up at 4:30 listening to the shower run for a hour.  I am so tired all week, oh how I wish I was a morning person. 

WE are living parallel lives. I feel ya girl! This could cause us to sleep in separate rooms soon.
  • Options
    imagebebe11:

have you tried a sound machine? I feel like I can sleep through a bomb going off with my sound machine. The noise helps block out all of those background noises. 
  • Options
    Found out last night my Sister in laws (three of them) will be coming to town three weeks before the wedding.  Next Wednesday.  I should be excited and happy to get to meet them but i really wish they'd just stay away until it was closer to celebration time.   I then went on to be mean and tell my fiance that under no circumstance are they staying with us, he can pay for the hotel if he has to.  I don't feel at all guilty for being a poor hostess.
    image image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

Someone asked me what the kids were doing this weekend and specifically asked if the boys (my stepsons) "were going to see their family, which I'm sure they want to since you're just their stepmom."  Now this person really doesn't have any kind of filter obviously but it rubbed me wrong.  I just turned and walked away.  We have both boys all the time since their mom is chosing not be in their lives.  I guess it's more of a vent than FFFC. 

Here's FFFC:  We finally got notice of child support being taken out from her check, for the first time ever, and it goes straight to the state since they're on Title 19 insurance.  I don't get it because my daughter's dad pays child support and she is on T19 too, but the money goes to me, not the state.  I wish her $ went straight to DH.

• Options
    bebe11bebe11 member
    imagexmaryrickx:
    imagebebe11:

have you tried a sound machine? I feel like I can sleep through a bomb going off with my sound machine. The noise helps block out all of those background noises. 

I already sleep with a fan on, and that blocks the normal noises, but the bathroom is in our bedroom, and our room isn't very big, so that shower kills me.  I usually put a pillow over my head to help with the sound.  Then when he is getting dressed, that is a whole other story... the thing he velcores to his ankle while putting his foot on the bed does me in! ugh! I never thought I would miss him working the graveyard shift!

• Options
    imageVedaFlash:

Someone asked me what the kids were doing this weekend and specifically asked if the boys (my stepsons) "were going to see their family, which I'm sure they want to since you're just their stepmom."  Now this person really doesn't have any kind of filter obviously but it rubbed me wrong.  I just turned and walked away.  We have both boys all the time since their mom is chosing not be in their lives.  I guess it's more of a vent than FFFC. 

Here's FFFC:  We finally got notice of child support being taken out from her check, for the first time ever, and it goes straight to the state since they're on Title 19 insurance.  I don't get it because my daughter's dad pays child support and she is on T19 too, but the money goes to me, not the state.  I wish her $ went straight to DH.

That is just rude as all he!!.
  • Options
    imagebebe11:
    imagexmaryrickx:
    imagebebe11:

I already sleep with a fan on, and that blocks the normal noises, but the bathroom is in our bedroom, and our room isn't very big, so that shower kills me.  I usually put a pillow over my head to help with the sound.  Then when he is getting dressed, that is a whole other story... the thing he velcores to his ankle while putting his foot on the bed does me in! ugh! I never thought I would miss him working the graveyard shift!

My DH used to be the worlds worst about early mornings and being on call. He could never figure out how to be nice enough to leave the dang light off. When we had LO I told him that that would have to change.

My FFFC is that I forgot to feed LO her solids lunch. I know she doesn't really need it yet, but I'm sure she's used to it, and I feel bad.

• Options
    emikatemikat member
    We had a parent teacher conference today for SS's end of school year meeting.  I wasn't into it and feeling like I didn't really need to be there for as long as we were because I don't have decision making power with regards to if he's ready for kindergarten or not.  I know that DH takes my opinion into consideration, but guess I'm feeling sorry for myself.  Especially, since I recently had a miscarriage.  I just don't feel up to thinking about all this child related stuff right now.  I know it's selfish, but I just feel like I want to crawl in a hole right now. 

TTC 10/11. IUI 2/12. BFP 3/8/12. 4/26/12 missed mc. RE consult 5/17/12. IVF #1 ER 7/13/12 53R, 41M ICSIed, 32F, 8 5d, 6 6d blasts - all PGD/frozen. PGD results 1 normal M and 1 normal F, 1 maybe M. FET 9/6, transferred 1 F embie. Beta 9/15 BFN. FET#2 planned for 11/2012 put off until 2013. Surprise BFP 11/21/12!! My son was born on 7/24/13!

FET 4/28/2015 - Transferred 1 M embie. 5/6/15 BFP!

• Options
    That's horrible..I'm sorry that happened. Chances are your husband would understand that and not see it as selfish. 
  • Options
    hopankahopanka member
    imagebebe11:
    imagexmaryrickx:
    imagebebe11:

Does he know he's keeping you awake?

If he does and still continues this insane ritual, that's incredibly rude. Who needs to shower for an hour?? My H used to work this early and he took a shower at night. In the morning, it was a 5 minue thing - he threw his clothes on in another room and left. Now, the tables have turned and I get up super early for work. I lay my clothes out the night before in the living room and get dressed there. I shower before bed at night. It's just common courtesy, IMO.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"