VBAC
Options

Another question if you had sucessful VBAC

iuploriiuplori member
Did you have an epi with your first (before the decision was made to c/s)?  Did you have one with your VBAC?
BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Another question if you had sucessful VBAC

• Options
    I had an epi while laboring with DS.  I plan to get one this time as well but I'm hoping to hold out a bit longer this time.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    iris427iris427 member
    Yes with my first, no with my VBAC.

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    dd was breech with my first and i had an epi with my vbac.
    PhotobucketBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageiris427:
    Yes with my first, no with my VBAC.

This.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I got my EPI in the O.R. But had labored for 14 hours prior. I had 100% planned on getting one but was told to stay home until morning. C-section was ordered upon admission. My VBAC was unmedicated in a free standing birth center and it was pretty awesome.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Had an epi with my first. Not with my VBAC. I wanted to hold out as long as I could for the epi with my VBAC. I made it to 8cm and the anesthesiologist was in the or and couldn't get it for me. I didn't plan on not having an epi, but I'm really happy with how it turned out. 
  • Options

Yes had an epi with first--after 18 hours without one.  Within an hour of getting the epi, DS's heart started dropping with contractions (a known side effect), and they persuaded me that a c/s was the best option.  

Had a unmedicated home VBAC. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • Options
    I had an epi with DS and pushed for over 3 hours before we did the c-section. With DD, she came out so quickly I didn't have time for one!  I definitely want one for the next baby!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Carter 5.25.10   Charlotte 2.6.12   Baby#3 5.17.15
  • Options
    I had an epi for the c/s with DS but not with my VBAC (which is how I plan on doing my VB2AC).

BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Options
    no and no.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I didn't get one with DS. I labored for 18 hours before getting the c/s. With my vbac my contractions were very intense and less than 1 minute apart from a very early stage. I was having a hard time relaxing in between and was getting anxious / panicky. I chose to get the epi to help me calm down a bit. It definitely slowed down my labor though so I kind of regret it.

• Options
    I labored without an epi with my first and then got the spinal after I was in the OR for the c/s.  I had an epi with my VBAC and it actually helped it be a success.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers image image
  • Options
    Jen524Jen524 member
    No with my first, yes with my second. However, my epi did not work all the way.  I could feel way more than I wanted during the VBAC and my legs never went numb.
    BFP #1 7/1/2009 ~ EDD 3/9/2010 ~ Ella Adeline (7lbs 4 oz, 19.5 inches) 3/5/2010 csection (39w3d)
    BFP #2 7/13/2011 ~ EDD 3/16/2012 ~Aubree Olivia (9lbs 1oz, 21 inches) 3/15/2012 VBAC (39w6d)
    BFP #3 5/15/2014 ~ EDD 1/16/2015~Addison Isabelle (9lbs, 0oz, 21 inches) 1/25/2015 2VBAC (41w2d)
    BFP #4 7/20/2016 ~ EDD 3/25/2017 ~ Malachi Mathew (10lbs 0oz, 22 inches) 4/4/2017 emergency csection (41w3d)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"