LGBT Parenting
Options

Weekend Plans?

What is going on this holiday weekend??
imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Weekend Plans?

• Options

Fri: I only work a half day today. I have to pay our car payment after work and then go home and get Ky ready to leave. We have to be at the airport at 2. My flight leaves at 4 and I will be in NE by 10 east coast time (9 there)!!!

Sat & Sun: Spending time with my bestest and her baby girl in NE!!! I cannot wait the girls are going to ahve so much fun together, they are only 6 days apart in age...

Mon: L's family has a picnic every year so we are going to go to that. My flight leaves at 5:15 C but since I am leaving from such a tiny airport I only have to be there 45 minutes before the flight, their security check point does not even open until 20 minutes before take off. I will get in around 11:30 E and DW is picking me up at the airport.

I am super excited and nervous about this weekend. DW had to work today so our friend K is taking me to the airport and there were lots of tears before I left for work, we have never been away form each other this long...

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

J works Saturday and Sunday, so we won't be doing much. 

She has Monday off though (yay!) so we're trying to plan something fun to do.  I'm hoping for a movie date, fun dinner out or maybe a picnic!  

Yes, totally lame weekend here! 

*BFP #1-10/20/2012 EDD 7/4/2013*
    *DS 6/28/2013*
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    2brides2brides member

Friday - The kids have a t-ball game after school. We'll probably go to dinner after and get the kids to bed late.

Saturday - the kids have swimming lessons and then we are going to a playground with L's boss and some of her co-workers for a playdate. No clue what we are doing the rest of the day. Perhaps the pool with friends?

Sunday -  I need to go to Sears to return a bunch of Lands End Stuff and hopefully get a few things on sale while L starts to transcribe her dissertation interviews. A friend is taking the boys to Medieval Times for their birthday. L and I are trying to decide if we are going to go too or if we are going to use that time to create a much needed budget for ourselves (that never seems to occur with 2 kids running around and tension that runs high when we discuss money.)

Monday - I think L is planning on transcribing while I entertain the kids. We'll probably need to run a few errands (groceries for the week) and perhaps the pool.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options

Not much!  I work Sat and Mon, and K works Sunday.  I might try to work on some craft projects with my mom.  She's usually down for that kind of thing.

I want to make this for our front door:

and this for either over the crib or over the changing table:

• Options

2mommies - I hope you and Ky have an awesome time on your trip!!

Tomorrow we're going to go on a daytrip somewhere in Jersey, maybe the shore.

Sunday we'll do boring household stuff and errands and help DW pack.

Monday morning DW leaves for a week long business trip.  :(  (This is rare in our lives.)  I am hoping to come up with something spontaneous and fun to do with a friend to enjoy the extra day, but we haven't explicitly planned anything yet. 

TTC with PCOS since July 2011.
    IVF Oct/Nov 2012
    Beta #1 = 77, Beta #2 = 190, Beta #3 = 1044
    Cautiously optimistic.
  • Options

Fri: No school for A today so I will probably set up some games for the kids to play.  Maybe do a movie in the evening before taking A to her Dad's house.

Sat: I want to go to Home Depot and pick up paint to finish Owl's bed, I also need pink paint for the lemonade stand we built for her birthday party.  I have to order the party package for Owl's birthday.  We are going to my little brother's birthday party in the afternoon.

Sun:  I will most likely try to get Owl's invites printed and trimmed, buy envelopes and address everything.

Mon:  No plans, I think J works. 

• Options
    Potty Train, Potty Train, Wipe pee off the floor, Potty Train, Potty train
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagessg73:

Good luck! 

• Options

2mommies- I hope you have a great time on your trip!

ssg- best of luck with the PTing!

Tonight: Some kind of dinner and hanging at home with E. We haven't had just a normal weekend in over a month with our move 4 weeks ago and my folks here for mom's day. I'm looking forward to it!

Saturday: E is going to visit her paternal grandparents for the day. She called her nana last night and they had the funniest chat on the phone. While E's away I'm going to rent a power rake and de-thatch the yard and hopefully overseed it to get some healthy grass growing.

Sunday: No plans as of yet. It is K's day off mid-week, so she will probably come over and we'll do something. She's on call all weekend, so these plans are always very tentative.

Monday: More hanging with E. It's supposed to rain this day so maybe we'll see a movie or work on getting her room decorated with these cool wall decals we got. There's still lots to unpack, so we'll see how that goes...

• Options
    We don't have anything planned for tonight. Saturday Pandora has swimming lessons and then we are watching a friends two kids for a few hours. 6 kids. Eek! Sunday my MIL is coming over and I am BBQing. Monday is a question mark but DW will be home all day and the thought of extra hands thrills me :-)
  • Options
    2brides2brides member

imagessg73:

As I posted to my friend's FB page (who is also PTing this weekend)

that is how we spent Memorial Day 3y ago. L said it was the worst day of her life :P (29 pairs of underwear the first day!) May you be more successful than we were! :)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Mandy - those are really cute! Can you pretty please report back after you make them? I would love to make the pendant for the girls.SSG -good luck!
  • Options

imageDuchess1:
    Mandy - those are really cute! Can you pretty please report back after you make them? I would love to make the pendant for the girls.

Yep, I'll let you know how it goes!

• Options
    hlkehlke member
    Sasquatch music festival in eastern Washington! C is home alone and plans to start packing for our June 1st move.
    Same sex couple TTC with donor sperm.  I am 35 and carrying.  Endometriosis and DOR.
    AMH 0.5, AFC 5-8, FSH 7ish

IVF #1 - antagonist.  Empty follicle syndrome.  1 retrieved, 0 fertilized.
    IVF #2 - antagonist.  Ovulated early.  3 retrieved, 2 fertilized, 0 blasts
  • Options

This will be our first weekend where both of us are working, so Mel's mom is watching them 8-4 both days.  I trust her, but it gives me anxiety to have them left "alone" for that long when it's not one of us watching them. 

Other than that, we don't have time for much else besides church, laundry, and dishes.   Fun stuff I tell ya!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    JazibelJazibel member

Friday - (almost over) was good OB appt, massage (which huuuurt, but was good for me, "coffee" with another pregnant friend at Peets and dinner out with EV.  Now we're laying around reading and avoiding packing.

Saturday - chores

Sunday - two friend dates :-)

Monday - Not sure -we'll see

Hope everyone has a great weekend :-)

• Options
    Family's coming over tomorrow.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"