Pregnant after 35
Options

Induction Cancelled

They cancelled my induction due to a shortage of beds, and I'm currently waiting to hear back from my OB on what she wants to do. Such a let down. Trying to stay optimistic. But, I'm not doing that great a job. 

Re: Induction Cancelled

• Options

That sucks! You're just going to have to go into labor yourself today...that'll show them! ;)

On second thought, maybe wait until tomorrow. When my brother was born a long time ago, the hospital was all out of regular rooms and my mom got stuck in a procedure room (lots of supplies and no windows) for a day. That would be depressing.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Aw man - that sucks!!
    Pregnancy Ticker Birthday
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Oy. I thought the same thing as Joi.  How annoying!! Keep us posted.  

me - 41 (dx: DOR); DH - 53 (no problems); 7/18/09 - married!; 8/4/09 - BFP on first (real)try; 9/14/09 - missed m/c; 9/15/09 - d&c; 11/09 - 3/10 - 4 natural cycles = BFN; 4/10 - dx hyperthyroidism caused by Graves' disease; 6/10 - thyroidectomy; 7/10 - 12/10 - 1 natural and 5 medicated IUI cycles = BFN; 1/11 - new RE; dx low ovarian reserve (AMH .42; 1/26/11 -- BFP (ectopic) from IUI #6; methotrexate 2/10/11; 6/2/11 - IVF #1 = BFN; 9/12/11 - prescreening for DE; 9/15/11 - IUI #7 (unmedicated)= BFN; 11/8 - begin DE cycle (shared risk program); 12/5 - ER (5 eggs/4 mature/3 fertilized/2 left by day 5) 12/10 - ET of one 1BB blast (expanded, "fair" quality), none to freeze; 12/22 - totally shocked by +hpt; beta #1 = 413; #2 = 3952 2/14 - CVS reveals a healthy baby girl! EDD: 8/27/12 DD born 8/31/12, 10 lbs 10 oz and perfect in every way. 
  • Options
    Awww hang in there! Hugs
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Oh man, that stinks. Keep us posted. (you'd think they'd have kept something saved for you since you had "reservations")
  • Options
    They called at 10:30 and said it wasn't goin to happen. So, I'm scheduled for a medically necessary one at 5am Tuesday. I can't be bumped because I'm 35+ an that would be nearly 41w. My OB is less than happy, because she wanted him out TODAY, but women in labor take priority for some reason. I now have food in my tummy and I'm nice and relaxed. Going to enjoy memorial day weekend!
  • Options
    steverstever member
    Boo! I'm sorry.
  • Options
    OMG. Your OB is totally messing with you. Hugs! Hope you get to meet Alien soon!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagebenniferbaby:
    OMG. Your OB is totally messing with you. Hugs! Hope you get to meet Alien soon!

Wasn't her fault at ALL. She really fought for it. She was so upset.  But, she couldn't justify squeezing me in when there were women in active labor who needed the beds more. I completely understood. I was disappointed, but what of it were me walking in with ruptured membranes or active labor, and they had given a bed to someone for low priority induction? Just bad timing. The L&D charge nurse couldn't believe how many women walked in today.  She said they were to the point of sending them to another hospital. Tuesday, it's different and both my OB and the charge nurse have said he HAS to come out at that point. 

• Options
    GL on Tuesday!
  • Options

Oh no! I'm so sorry! What a giant let-down.

Hoping that lo decides to appear over the weekend as a "consolation". 

8 month cutie

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Hope you are having a great weekend and good luck for Tuesday.... 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"