January 2011 Moms
Options

Wedding Dress

Re: Wedding Dress

• Options
    I still have mine. It's not a specific size. They took my measurements and made the dress just for me so it'd be kind of hard to sell. I do need to have it preserved though... right now it's just hanging in the closet.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageSweetHurricane:
    I still have mine. It's not a specific size. They took my measurements and made the dress just for me so it'd be kind of hard to sell. I do need to have it preserved though... right now it's just hanging in the closet.

What happens if you don't preserve it?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageHALFM00N:

imageSweetHurricane:

What happens if you don't preserve it?

Well, if you just leave in it in a garment bag... discoloration, bugs, mold, etc. The preservation fully clean it, remove any moisture, and put it in a sealed box. Some companies will even repair tears, replaced missing rhinestones, etc to make sure it's perfect before they pack it up.

• Options
    Mine is also hanging in the closet.  I had planned to use it for Whitneys baptism gown, but then she ended up wearing her God Mothers from 25 years ago, and it was beautiful. I will eventually get it preserved and maybe we can use it in some fasion for Whitney in the future,  I think the dress itself was only 150 dollars, and we added a bunch off stuff to it to make it dazzle. 

• Options

imageMarSamWhitney:
    Mine is also hanging in the closet.  I had planned to use it for Whitneys baptism gown, but then she ended up wearing her God Mothers from 25 years ago, and it was beautiful. I will eventually get it preserved and maybe we can use it in some fasion for Whitney in the future,  I think the dress itself was only 150 dollars, and we added a bunch off stuff to it to make it dazzle. 

Good idea, mine was super poofy... we didn't baptize DD (religion issues here lol) but what a great idea!

• Options
    I got mine preserved. We actually just moved it to the attack to start cleaning out the soon-to-be-nursery. I paid a fortune on the dress and hoped to make it into a Christening gown for my daughter...but now that I am on boy #2 and have NO PLANS to have more kids, I don't know what I will do with it. I'm definitely not ready to part with it. If I were skinny again I would wear it once per month, I love it so much!
  • Options

Ours.... My sister and I got married in the same year and she wore my dress. I wore it in July, She wore it in September. It was pretty neat. We also used the same bridesmaid dresses, but since the weddings were in different locations and altered to fit the girls they looked different.

It is still in my moms closet I think. I'm not sure what's going to happen to it, but we both have daughters now, so maybe one of them will want to use it some day.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageMrsLynnyD:
    I got mine preserved. We actually just moved it to the attack to start cleaning out the soon-to-be-nursery. I paid a fortune on the dress and hoped to make it into a Christening gown for my daughter...but now that I am on boy #2 and have NO PLANS to have more kids, I don't know what I will do with it. I'm definitely not ready to part with it. If I were skinny again I would wear it once per month, I love it so much!

Yea I paid $4500 for mine but I am ready for someone else to get some use out of it. And it's super poofy so I probably won't wear it once a month. I also have a second dress I paid $800 for that's more fitted, so that's not a big deal to keep per se. lol My main dress takes up 1/2 of DH's closet.

• Options
    RedZeeRedZee member

Mine is also hanging in the closet. I don't know what I'll do with it, but I want to hang on to it because I want to be able to fit into it again. And then maybe we'll do a photoshoot with it - a trash the dress session. ;)

DD1: born 1/19/11. DD2: born 10/10/13
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"