Pregnant after 35
Options

Update ultrasound - better but not great

So, we saw the baby's heartbeat.  That was great.  I'm measuring 6w 1d, but I should be 7w 2d so it's better news than the last ultrasound but still weird.  Either I ovulated 7 days later (which would mean day 23 instead of day 16 because I'm already a late person) or the baby is not developing correctly.

I hope it's the former, but I find it odd also because last sex we had was day 18 so the sperm would barely make it 5 days later.  

Ah well, guess I'll wait and see... I hate the waiting.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Update ultrasound - better but not great

• Options

Or, baby could just be small! I ALWAYS have a six week cycle. Not this time apparently, I ovulated in week 5 instead of week 4. It's driven me crazy my whole pregnancy.  Congrats on the heartbeat! That's an awesome sign!

• Options
    The fertility doctor told me there is only a variation of 1 day when they are that small (based on measurements).  I guess he knows what he's talking about?? ;)  I also wonder how they know that when it's that small.  But he's a great doctor at one of the best hospitals in CA so... I assume he's right.  Sigh.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

:( I hate the waiting game. It sucks so bad. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. I can only give you my experience. I was absolutely convinced I should have been 6w3d at my first us. I measured 5w3d. I was sick with tonsillitis the week we supposedly conceived, so we didn't do anything. Sex was the LAST thing on my mind. Like you, those little guys would have had to live for 5 days. Later, and through out my whole pregnancy, I measured a week ahead. So, I thought my original dates were right. Obviously not! I'm still here! So, it *IS* possible.

Keep us posted, 'cause I plan to lurk and see how you're doing. I really, really hope this baby sticks for you. (Big virtual hugs)

• Options
    FyreFlyeRush - so nice to hear your story.  And, thanks for the support!!  
  • Options

I'm sorry you are in limbo.  I truly hope all is ok.  FWIW, I measured 1d behind at 7w according to LMP, but 4d behind according to ovulation date.  Just had my NT scan on Monday and baby is now measureing 14w and I was only 12w3d.  I hope your baby has a huge growth spurt this week and is measuring on target at your next scan.  Heaps of growth dust sent your way.

• Options
    If I've learned anything from being on these boards for the past 3 years, it's that these measurements are nit an exact science.  It's a lot of guess work.  There are so so many examples of measurements not coinciding with what the mother feels the conception date to be.  I hope you are another example of that.
  • Options
    No advice, just wanted to wish you good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"