LGBT Parenting
Options

Topping the week off...

What a week!

So the FTT diagnosis didn't kill me, I saw it coming even though we've been trying to prevent it.  The malnourishment didn't bother me too much.  The insurance has been stressful but hopefully will be remedied now.

And then there was today...

Owl was evaluated by the SART nurse this morning and shows major delays in all areas, intellectually challenged/mentally retarded and autism were mentioned a few times.  A clinic day is being ordered and the nurse had such a deep concern for Owl that she is putting a rush on it and asked if I would take a last minute same day appointment if they could squeeze her in soon.

OMG.  The extent of Owl's problems just reached a whole new level.  This Mommy wants to hold her little girl and cry until there are no tears left.

Re: Topping the week off...

• Options
    I am so sorry butterfly....I say hold and cry if you need to.  And vent/cry here all you need to as well.
  • Options
    2brides2brides member
    Wow. What a week. That is a lot to comprehend all at once. take care of yourself and your family. Left Hug
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagethemommymonster:
    What a week indeed! I am sorry you are struggling with all this, but I am guessing it is a relief that you have some diagnosis' and can start moving forward.

No diagnosis yet, just possible outcomes.  Owl has to see the neuropsychologist and the clinician for a more thorough evaluation and diagnosis.

• Options
    That's a lot to take in, I'm sorry you have to deal with this.  Unfortunately trauma and/or neglect can both mimic and cause some of those symptoms.  I hope Owl can make some big improvements with the right treatment and care.
    TTC with PCOS since July 2011.
    IVF Oct/Nov 2012
    Beta #1 = 77, Beta #2 = 190, Beta #3 = 1044
    Cautiously optimistic.
  • Options
    JazibelJazibel member
    I say cry all you want.  Take care and hopefully the path will become clearer as you & your family move forward.
  • Options
    hlkehlke member
    Oh butterfly, (((((((hugs))))))). Those are huge scary things to deal with. Hold the improvements you've seen in Owl in the past six months close to your heart as the process moves forward. I'm so glad for Owl that she has a Mom who will take good care of her and get her what she needs. Hold your little girl close and know that you will get through this no matter the outcome.
    Same sex couple TTC with donor sperm.  I am 35 and carrying.  Endometriosis and DOR.
    AMH 0.5, AFC 5-8, FSH 7ish

IVF #1 - antagonist.  Empty follicle syndrome.  1 retrieved, 0 fertilized.
    IVF #2 - antagonist.  Ovulated early.  3 retrieved, 2 fertilized, 0 blasts
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"