January 2012 Moms
Options

Not happy with the daycare

We had to find daycare within a week b/c the original plan fell through last minute. This place was highly recommended to us and we took it as the initial interview was just fine.

At the very beginning I noticed right away things I was not happy about. Such as too tight diaper, not wiping the crusty eyes or runny nose. But after I told them about it, they were much better.

But in general the standard and level of care is just not what I expect. Example: kids don't have a table they eat at, they eat on the floor! Same floor they take naps on! When they are getting the kids ready for pick up they have them wait outside if it's nice enough and bring their jackets and throw them on the ground on one big pile. Also, the mother and daughter have been doing this since they were teenagers so their level of education is not quite the best. Not that it's a big deal but it does bother me when they don't speak properly but rather painfully grammatically WRONG. This is where my child spends most of her time and will pick up and learn things there.. But what is she learning? No table manners,that it's ok to throw things on the ground and say things like "SUPPOSEBLY" and "HURTED" omg!

Oh and the mother stuck the paci back in my DD's mouth after it had fallen on the ground outside. I mean if it's in our house we do have the 2 second rule, but outside! Oh and she also gives the kids kisses on their lips YUCK.

We need to find another place asap.

Do you agree with this, or do you think I'm too sensitive about things? Of course I know I need to make that decision for myself and have, but I'm just curious what other parents think about stuff like this...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Not happy with the daycare

• Options
    Go with your gut.  Personally, some of the things you mentioned wouldn't bother me so much, however.  You are the mother and if you don't like it, change day care providers.
    image. image. image.
  • Options

imagebigbear:

Oh and she also gives the kids kisses on their lips YUCK.

This would bother me.  It's ok for me, as a parent, to kiss my DD on the lips, but not ok for anyone else.  Kisses on boo-boos and atop of the head don't bother me, but the lips would.  I want those slobbery kisses all to myself Wink

imageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagejnickers98:

imagebigbear:

Oh and she also gives the kids kisses on their lips YUCK.

This would bother me.  It's ok for me, as a parent, to kiss my DD on the lips, but not ok for anyone else.  Kisses on boo-boos and atop of the head don't bother me, but the lips would.  I want those slobbery kisses all to myself Wink

Exactly :)

• Options
    wychetswychets member
    I agree with PP go with your gut!! The lip kissing just made me cringe.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    kaybe24kaybe24 member
    All of these examples would bother me...at least it seems safe if not ideal if it takes a while to find a new daycare.
  • Options
    I say definately change.  You want your daycare to show an example you want your child to follow.  You also want them to be safe.  A fallen paci on the ground shouldn't be put back in a child's mouth, and kissing on the lips from anyone but family is just gross.
    July '15 siggy challenge: Thanksgiving fails
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
    PitaPata Cat tickersPitaPata Cat tickers
  • Options
    I feel ya.  Those things would bother me as well.  I've picked up my lo's and they've had misc paci's in their mouths.  When I politely pointed out they weren't ours (while I was freaking out on the inside) she claimed they were 'spares' and had been sanitized.  I had paci's in their diaper bag.  And sterilized or not, I don't want shared mouth business!  
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Ick ... yeah I'd start looking. All those things would bother me... I mean lip kissing isn't even recommended from family since it transmits bacteria... certainly not from weird dc people. Seems pretty loose to me. But I like structure so... yeah it'd bug me bigtime.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"