VBAC
Options

How soon for a VBAC?

Hi All - I am new here and wanted to introduce myself and ask a question.  I had a C-section with my DS in June 2011 (he was posterior, I fully dialated and pushed for 2 hours with no progress).  I'm not pregnant now, but we are planning on trying soon.  I really want a VBAC - so my question is - how soon is too soon?  How long did those of you with successful VBAC wait until getting pregnant again?  I have heard 18-24 months is the rule of thumb, but I wanted to hear how long from some people that actually did it.  Thanks!!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: How soon for a VBAC?

• Options
    We met with a MW last night (making the switch from OB to MW, who is much more VBAC friendly) and she said ideally 18 months between pregnancies.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    That is good to hear becuase I don't want to wait too long, but I want to have the best chance at success too. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My old OB said 18-24 months between births would be better.  But, they had so many other rules it wasn't going to work.  I don't know what my new provider would say (because we're over 24 months), but I doubt that a shorter interval would bother her.
  • Options
    ldbryanldbryan member
    Our DDs will be 14 months apart, and my OB never mentioned spacing between births.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Aloe0lAloe0l member
    My OB recommended at least one year between births.  And that was even for a RCS as well as a VBAC.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Thanks for all the feedback!  We are about ready to start trying again, which at the earliest would put us around 20 months.  Sounds like we're good from that perspective.... now its just a matter of TTC again!
  • Options
    I haven't had the VBAC yet but when this baby is born it'll be 16 months between deliveries. I'm in Canada though and we don't have the crazy rules that a lot of hospitals/Drs have in the US. I'd check with your Dr/OB/hospital and see how much time they want between deliveries.
    image imageimage Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"