Two Under 2

Anybody kept it a secret?

We just found out we are pregnant with our 2nd and DD is 10months....i am about 8 weeks.  With DD, we lived so close to family and we could not hide the fact.  But because everyone knew, I was constantly reminded of it and it seemed to last forever!!!  We have moved and I think we can hide it for awhile.  I just want to keep it quiet so. Don't hav to hear about it all the time.. :). I want to wait until at least 3 months anyway.  Anyone else feel like this?  I would just love for everyone to fin out and I only have a few months left!  
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Anybody kept it a secret?

• We announced early with DD (at 9w) but this time I was more nervous about the pregnancy and wanted to make sure things were looking (and sounding) good first. We told immediate family (parents, siblings) pretty much right away but I just announced to everyone else a couple weeks ago at 13w once I'd heard the HB. And I think waiting longer has made it go faster this time already. I can't believe I'm almost to 16w and then that's so close to half way.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
    DD born 5/15/11
    DS born 11/12/12
  • We don't live near family so with both babies we told around 8 weeks or so because there was some sort of occasion that brought the family together. If we'd been planning to see family at 16 weeks I would have waited. 

I also think it's easier to keep it secret with #2 because people don't ask as much, especially when the spacing is close. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • We didn't tell family until after the 1st ultrasound, end of 1st Tri.  Didn't tell "the world" until I was 6months.  I posted a pic on Facebook of me jogging in a 5K wearing a tee that read "Organic Baby".  Thinking I'll wait just as long with announcing #2.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker CafeMom Tickers
  • We waited till I was 20weeks. Some family were a little upset but I loved it. Didnt have to worry about being asked everyday if I was ready to have them so close, ect.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • With our first, we told our immediate family at 10 weeks (except for my sister, who I told the day after I found out).

With #2, we were going to do the same, but we ended up having to tell my immediate family at 6 weeks, because my due date is only a week and a half before my brother's wedding, and he asked me at a family dinner if I'd do a scripture reading at his wedding. I stuttered, trying to figure out what to say or do, when my husband said, "Oh just tell them why you can't say yes"

We had intended to tell DHs family shortly after, but before we got a chance I experienced some bleeding (subchorionic hemmorage) and things were scary for a while. DHs family live 6 hours away, so it wasn't heard to keep it secret. We waited until Christmas and told them in person. I was a little over 14 weeks.

The main reason we waited so long is that MIL is very emotionally delicate and DH was afraid she would not be able to handle it if something had gone wrong.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"