C-sections
Options

Lifting weight limit

With the limit of lifting 20 lbs until 6 weeks post c section, what are you ladies doing about lifting your car seat with baby in it?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Lifting weight limit

• Options
    cltk12cltk12 member

I should add that my husband will lift it most of the time, but those few times im by myself (new momma class, etc) is where im wondering what I should do.

• Options

I wasn't given that weight limit. I was just told to only lift the baby until I felt completely comfortable lifting heavier things. 

At first I was nervous and tentative and now I can lift it no problem.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was only told to limit what I carried for 2 weeks PP. After that, my OB cleared me to carry DS in his car seat.
  • Options
    Dh always carried it but I started a few weeks ago being able to. I've very slow have to sit it down a lot but I'm getting much better.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    At my two week incision check, I was cleared to lift LO in her carrier.
    Married 9/19/09
    BFP#1 05/19/10 M/C 6/4/10 d/x threatened m/c 6/6/10 m/c confirmed
    BFP#2 10/26/10 M/C 11/01/10
    BFP#3 11/28/10 C/P 11/29/10
    BFP#4 02/23/11 M/C 3/1/11
    BFP#5 08/13/11 EDD 04/27/12 Beta @11DPO 8.79 Beta @13DPO 36 Beta @17DPO 179 Beta @20DPO 679!! 6w3d hb 116 bpm! 8w3d hb 164 bpm! 10w4d hb 177-187 NT scan 12w2d hb 173-everything looks great! 14w4d-everything still looks great! A/S scheduled for 12/12!
    Our rainbow baby is here!! Emmalynn Anne born 4/27/12 via unplanned c-section
    BFP#6 Surprise! Here comes baby #2! Harper Elizabeth born 12/17/13 via c-section
  • Options
    MH had two weeks off so he did it all for me. I also didn't leave the house solo until probably 4 weeks and then at that point I could carry him short distances myself easily.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    eav2ceav2c member
    I was not given any limits. I personally had no issues lifting LO in his carseat--though he was only 5lbs. I also was cleared for basically almost all activity right away. I tend to be prideful so I never thought twice about lifting/doing involved activities. 
  • Options
    Kie310Kie310 member
    The only limit I was given was nothing heavier than baby for 2 weeks. I wasn't allowed to drive for 2 weeks either, so I wasn't going anywhere with the carrier by myself. After that 2 week period was up I just took it easy & only lifted heavier than my son when necessary until I was cleared for "life" at my 6 w pp appt.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"