Pregnant after 35
Options

Anyone 42+

I had my first baby at 38 and my second at 40.  We are now contemplating a 3rd.  I am 42 and am wondering how many people get pregnant at this age - without any fertility treatments.  I would love to hear some success stories, but also don't want to get my hopes too high.

Thanks 

Re: Anyone 42+

• Options

Me!  I'm 42.  Getting pregnant has not been a problem for me at all. (Keeping the babies has, however, been a problem.  Since I didn't try having kids before age 40, I have no idea if this is age-related or just bad luck :(.)

A friend who is exactly my age had a late-in-life baby last year. My friend who lives in Berkeley says that, at age 36, she is considered a "younger" mom. And several others on these boards. So there are plenty of success stories out there for you!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    TooShy2TooShy2 member
    I got pregnant with my second just before my 42nd birthday.  I did have to take some clomid to trigger ovulation due to irregular cycles, but that had been going on since my teens, so I would have had to do that even if I had been trying in my twenties.  Got pregnant the first month of trying.  Otherwise pregnancy has been no problem, although I am VERY tired chasing around my toddler while pregnant (and working full time).  Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    angibrangibr member
    I had my first baby at 24 years old and raised her as a single parent. She is just graduating high school tomorrow! I am now 42, and last September I married a much younger man. My husband and I knew we wanted to try to have a child together. I went of BC pills in Dec and got pregnant right away, however that pregnancy ended in a mc at 5 1/2 weeks. We waited one cycle as recommended by my doc and immediately got pregnant again. We are now 11w3d and could not be happier! To address your concern I also worried it would be difficult to get pregnant and my doctor told me it would likely be our biggest challenge at my age. I would say you don't know until you try, since I found out that I am definitely still very fertile!
    image image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I am 42. Pregnant with our first. We had tried all kinds of fertility to get pregnant, including IVF two years ago. We had come to terms that it would be us and our great dog. Now here we are and I am 12 weeks along with no help at all. It is possible.

Good luck to you! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thanks!  Good luck to all of you.  So happy to hear success stories.
  • Options
    GHBEAGHBEA member
    42 here and will be 43 when LO arrives.  We had a M/C and took 5 months after that to get pregnant.  My OB said if I didn't get pregnant soon we can talk fertility treatments.  I gave up charting and so on then ended up pregnant.
                                                 Mom to 4 wonderful daughters
                                 Breanna, Ellie and 
                                 our 2 rainbow babies.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm 42 and expecting twin boys ! Wasn't even trying and thought that I was done .... I have a 12 yr old son who is not exactly thrilled about this ! My ex didn't want kids and doesn't want to hear anything about them ! Not exactly the best of circumstances but I can't wait to meet these little guys ! :)
  • Options
    JKohioJKohio member
    I'm 42 and will be the same age when I deliver my 2nd child. My first was born 4yrs ago. Neither pregnancy required any type of medical assistance (knock on wood no miscarriages yet either) and happened pretty quickly. Good luck!
  • Options
    I'm 43 and got pregnant on the first try!  I'm only at 6 wks so I'm still not getting too excited yet. I had my first at 39.  I had a great 1st pregnancy.  I ate really well, exercised.  My midwife said I did better than most 20 y.o.'s.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"