March 2012 Moms
Options

Is it too early to be teething?

DD is 11 weeks and suddenly drooling nonstop and wanting to chew on anything remotely close to her face - her hands, her clothes, her toys.  She ran a low grade fever the other day and has been sleeping less during her naps.  I dont see any swelling of her gums.  She'll be 3 mo on Jun 5 - isn't that pretty early for teething? 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker photo c15e5de6-d798-4a98-9644-9987af04720b_zpsa920caa6.jpg

Re: Is it too early to be teething?

• Options
    My MIL just told me one of her boys got their first tooth at 8 wks!  I don't think that is very common though. 

• Options
    I am wondering if that is what is going on with DD too.  She will be 3 months on May 29, and she has been doing all of the things you described.  I noticed a couple of white bumps on her lower gums and I felt them and they are hard, but they aren't at the top of the gums they are more at the back part of the gums where the tongue would touch (hard to describe).  She has been eating her hands for a while though, so not sure if that is just normal newborn behaviour.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    kel716kel716 member
    DS started teething around 2-3 months, but that tooth took forever to come in!  So yes, the teething process can begin early. 
  • Options
    My pedi said that even before they start teething that babies' teeth can start to shift around and bother them.  
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Babies drool and chew on everything.  It's not teeth, it's part of being a baby.
  • Options
    My boss' kids were teething full on at 8 wks as well.  I don't think it is common though like the others said.
    Praise God from whom all blessings flow. :)Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

imageedugosh:
    Babies drool and chew on everything.  It's not teeth, it's part of being a baby.

Exactly. I have a ton of friends who were insistent that their kids were teething around 1-2 months - didn't get a single tooth until 9+ months.

• Options
    image92405bride:

imageedugosh:

Exactly. I have a ton of friends who were insistent that their kids were teething around 1-2 months - didn't get a single tooth until 9+ months.

Same with folks I know. 

Married 05.19.07 | Together since 03.11.00 | Dom Born 02.06.12 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers 

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    image92405bride:

imageedugosh:

lol. I have learned to smile and nod when people, like my bff, say their kid is teething. After having worked infant care for years, that was always what parents said if their kid was crankier than normal, drooling a lot, chewing a lot, etc. Eventually, it was true. But most the time, it wasn't.

That being said, it is possible just highly unlikely. I actually know someone who was born with a tooth.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Married: 1/2008 ~ DD#1: 3/2012
    TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

• Options
    WipzWipz member
    my right nipple has been sore as all hell the last two days.. and now I know why.. tonight we saw 2 teeth at the top on each side..at the back. 

I didn't look at the bottom yet, I am almost scared to see what my nipples have coming their way.  I kinda figuired he was gonna teeth early right from the day he was born with white gums and you could see the outline in his gums...  Now I just have to find something  for him to teeth on that will reach the back, my friends son was the same, I think she used to use a teaspoon handle that she put in the freezer.

Our little guy seems to be handling it pretty well so far, so hopefully he won't be too miserable.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My baby also has those hard white lumps on her gums, but in the front near her lip.  Apparently they're called Epstein's Pearls and very common.
    image  image  image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"