January 2011 Moms
Options

Vitamins

Do you still give LO vitamins or an iron supplement? Which one? We have an Rx multi vit that is enhanced with iron but it's almost done. Thinking about getting something OTC if that's possible or necessary.

Re: Vitamins

• Options

Nope. We stopped giving supplements when we started FF (and ran out of the vitamins we had). Now she just gets a well balanced diet. Pedi says DD's healthy as a horse.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageSweetHurricane:

Nope. We stopped giving supplements when we started FF (and ran out of the vitamins we had). Now she just gets a well balanced diet. Pedi says DD's healthy as a horse.

LOL at horse! I was wondering why he just prescribed the vitamins at the 12 month visit when nothing indicated that she needed them lol. My DD eats VERY well, she even points and begs strangers for their foods...lol

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes, but JT's diet is crap so I'll keep giving them as long as he'll take them without fighting me.
  • Options
    I stopped vitamin D at I think 6 months and haven't looked back.
  • Options
    imageHALFM00N:
    imageSweetHurricane:

LOL at horse! I was wondering why he just prescribed the vitamins at the 12 month visit when nothing indicated that she needed them lol. My DD eats VERY well, she even points and begs strangers for their foods...lol

They did blood work at our 1 year check up. Maybe your LO is anemic?

• Options
    imageSweetHurricane:
    imageHALFM00N:
    imageSweetHurricane:

Nope they did that at 15 mos. He just out of no where offered the vitamins, I may have asked? Do you think it's because this is NY and the climate is different?? Who knows but I am definitely not going to buy her more.

They did blood work at our 1 year check up. Maybe your LO is anemic?

• Options
    RedZeeRedZee member
    We just started vitamins. Before I felt ok that she was getting what she needed from breast milk. She's generally not a picky eater, but I still don't feel like I'm giving her enough variety and that she's getting a balanced enough diet. I just feel better if she's getting a supplement.

DD1: born 1/19/11. DD2: born 10/10/13
  • Options
    We have never done vitamins.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"