Adoption
Options

Found another mom whose son is in the same orphanage!

It's a small world, after all.  :-)  The whole story is in my blog, but summary: through another online adoption forum I found a mom whose son is in the same orphanage as ours!  Actually, I didn't even know which one our little guy was in until I connected with this woman, so even that was a huge blessing.  How cool is that?

The road to adoption can be so hard and painful sometimes, but it is also littered with little miracles along the way.  Feeling very thankful today!

TTC September 2010 thru October 2011
SA February 2011: Normal
RE App. October 2011 - Recc. Clomid and IUI

Taking a break from TTC to pursue adoption

Met our 2 year old son in Russia July 2012!
Court trip October 2012
Home November 24 2012!

Back to RE Summer 2013. TTC journey continues: 

Dx DOR, endometriosis, low sperm count 
Clomid + IUI#1, #2 = BFN / IUI #3 = ???

Laparoscopy scheduled December 2013

Adding a Burden

Re: Found another mom whose son is in the same orphanage!

• Options
    That's really amazing that you were able to talk to this mother and to find the pictuers online.  What a special gift, Jill! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    That is so exciting!!!  There is definitely a comfort in finding someone who understands your exact situation.  What a great support system to find!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Love it!

image Best friends and sisters... 24 months and 16 months
  • Options
    IRRIRR member
    That's awesome.  Just read your blog and LOVE your April 23rd post.  Can't wait to see what you will be posting about Adoption faux pas, although perhaps since you have already identified your son, you may not run into them.  My favorite is  "you're adopting,,,you can have one of mine".  Best of luck to you and your family.

Failed Matches - December 2012, May 2013, December 2013
    Moved on to  gestational surrogacy with a family friend who is our angel and due 7/23/15

• Options
    Thanks ladies!  I had not thought about an "adoption faux pas" post, but I did write something about using positive adoption language.  People always find weird and rude stuff to say, don't they?  I will keep that topic in mind!  :-)

Court trip October 2012
    Home November 24 2012!

Adding a Burden
  • Options
     I went and read the story on your blog, and it made me smile (and tear up a little)! That must have been so great to make a connection to another mom, and see some of the kids spending time with your little one while he waits for you.
    Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
  • Options

imagemeganalaire:
     I went and read the story on your blog, and it made me smile (and tear up a little)! That must have been so great to make a connection to another mom, and see some of the kids spending time with your little one while he waits for you.

It does feel so good to think of him playing with another little boy!  We are already talking about connecting IRL when our boys are both home :-)

Court trip October 2012
    Home November 24 2012!

Adding a Burden
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"