Ohio Babies
Options

Women Physicians in OB/GYN- Need Recommedation

tmack1983tmack1983 member
edited July 2021 in Ohio Babies

Hi Ladies,

I'm currently 20 weeks pregnant. I've been seeing Dr. Elaine Paul at Women Physicians at Riverside but after our experience this week I thinking about switching doctors.

Long story short, we had to beg her to do the 20 week ultrasound. She ended up doing the ultrasound but it wasn't thorough at all. She only confirmed the gender. She didn't take any measurements or look at any of the baby's organs. From what I'm hearing from other mom's and mom's to be, this is not normal behavior. ( See my post of the October 2012 board for the full story)

My questions:

1. Do any of you go to Women's Physicians at Riverside? If so, who is your doctor? 

2. If your doctor is not at Women's Physicians but you are extremely satisfied, who is your doctor and where is their office?

Thanks!

Re: Women Physicians in OB/GYN- Need Recommedation

• Options

I go to Kingsdale OBGYN. They still deliver at Riverside. They have been wonderful to me through both of my pregnancies. I see Dr. Melillo specifically but over the years have met the others in the practice and I have nothing bad to say at all. If you aren't comfortable with your Doc, it is time to move on. You need to have confidence in your Doctor.

https://www.moca-obgyns.com/practice-kingsdale/

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I got to Northside Woman's Health and see Dr. Heidi Arbona in Westerville. We LOVE her! She isn't with Riverside but St. Ann's. I've had nothing but wonderful experiences so far with her & St. Ann's. I feel so lucky that I "stumbled" across her at the beginning of my pregnancy. (moved from WV before becoming preggers)

The entire office staff is wonderful and it's always a pleasant experience to go. I also love the fact that her & my regular family dr.- Dr. Fate in New Albany agree on any topics that have come up.

Not only did we get a full detailed 20 week appointment ultrasound (and tons of pictures) but we wanted to find out the gender before 20 weeks. I mentioned the place in Polaris to my Dr. and she said they would do it with them, just that our insurance won't cover it so we could pay them the $75. We had a great experience and they took their time letting us watch him. We never feel like we are being rushed out the door for the next patient and they all do a great job at making you feel like you are their priority. Even though I know they are busy some days.

There are plenty of wonderful doctors in the area. We are blessed to be in such a great location. You need to feel comfortable with your doctor. Best of luck!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I go to Kingsdale OBGYN as well. I see Dr. Bell, who is male, but have seen Dr. Kimberly Shepheard. I am not a fan of female ddue to a bad prior experience in North Carolina (long story), but would go see Dr. Shepherd in a heart beat. I saw her a few times during my last pregnancy and one time so far this pregnancy. She is awesome and very thourough.

I saw her while I was hospitalized with pnuemonia at 27wks and she was compassionate and caring and thourough.

Good Luck! You have to feel confident with your doctor.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I go to Premier Women's Health which has an office across the street from Riverside. They were pretty great throughout my pregnancy. I see Dr.Adkins and she's ok but dDr.Paraskos is one of the head doctors and ended p delivering my baby...he was excellent I would definitely recommend.
  • Options

My doctor is Dr. Karen King with Northwest OB/GYN.  She is wonderful.  She sent me to Women's Health at Riverside for my ultrasound because they have such nice equipment. It was done by the ultrasound techs, not the doctor, and they were VERY thorough and wonderful.  They put all the pics on a CD for me to take home, and they spent extra time with me because they knew how badly I wanted to know the gender but Elias had his legs crossed very tightly hiding his danglybits from view.  I was so happy that they spent so much time with us.

I'm not sure what happened with your appointment but I sincerely doubt that kind of bad service extends to all of Riverside Methodist Hospital. I work there (not doing patient care, but in the IT department) and they're wonderful to both their patients AND their employees.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers imageimageimage
  • Options

P.S. I am a Columbus-area lady due in October 2012 too!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers imageimageimage
  • Options
    I'm also due in October and needed a new OBGYN for this pregnancy as we were pretty new to the area.  I'm with Womens Care Center of Columbus with Dr. Nicole Zochowski.  She delivers at Mt. Carmel East and St. Annes.  She is in a practice with all women, she is the only one I see at my appointments and she does all of her own deliveries during the week and on the weekends that she is on call.  She is very laid back, and is very personable.  I have also had ultrasounds at St. Annes, a good experience and spent some time in L&D at Mt. Carmel East and it was also pleasant.  I actually went with her because of suggestions on this board a while back.  
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I go to Women's Physicians and I LOVE Dr. Vanek. I switched when I pregnant with #2 to her after several friends recommended her to me and I had a similar experience with my current doctor to what you described. I wanted someone who would hold my hand, and make me feel better when I was worried or concerned and I was told she was the right fit. Try her before you switch, she is fabulous. When I was in labor she walked in and gave me a hug - just a really sweet lady I can't say enough about her!
    Mommy of three, capturing memories is what I do www.buckikiddies.com In my bag: Canon 5D MK III, 16-35mm 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 100mm 2.8L
  • Options
    I highly recommend Dr. Kimberly Shepherd at Kingsdale. I have been seeing her since she joined Kingsdale in 2003. She is so personable, takes the time to really get to know you, answers all questions without making you feel rushed, and is very thorough in all that she does. I cannot say enough wonderful things about her!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I see Dr. Stacey Cacchio at Premier Women's Health and love her.  We see her at at the Westerville office attached to St. Ann's (where I'll deliver) but she also works at their other locations including less than a block from Riverside.  I don't know if it's standard out there but I love themm having evening hours where I haven't had to miss a minute of work so far.  We just did our gender scan at 19 weeks and she fully went through everything talking about the organs and checking out the spine.  She also printed off double copies of the ultrasound pics so dh could take them into work. 
  • Options
    I also see Dr Vanek and absolutely LOVE her! My baby boy was born 5 weeks ago on May 29th and she was there for everything! Her assistant in the office (Elonda) is also wonderful. She gives just as much info as Dr V! Definitely ask them to schedule an appointment with her before you switch practices. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"