Cincinnati Babies
Options

hiccups v. kicking - how can you tell?

I've read where you can feel the baby's hiccups, that you can feel the enitre body move. I just feel moving period, how can I tell if it's a hiccup v. regular movements?

Re: hiccups v. kicking - how can you tell?

• Options
    lynseflynsef member
    I don't think you really can tell or that it really matters unless you are concerned that you haven't felt baby move a lot recently and are trying to do kick counts.  Even in that case any movement is good.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Hiccups were a very steady light thump almost, and they lasted a few minutes, while movements were more sporadic. It was always very obvious to me when it was hiccups vs movement. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageNLS0412:
    Hiccups were a very steady light thump almost, and they lasted a few minutes, while movements were more sporadic. It was always very obvious to me when it was hiccups vs movement. 

This....My LO always had the hiccups inside and she always have them outside lol.....

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    For me, hiccups were very distinct with both pregnancies- there was the regular movement then there was a consistent almost muscle-twitch like feeling that was hiccups. They are adorable the first few times then they started to drive me bonkers at the end b/c they were so strong and so often that it was REALLY distracting (and always seemed to happen when I was trying to fall asleep) lol
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

I got hiccups with my first and it had rythm to them. The kicks are very sparatic and vary in place. Hiccups are very rythmic and lighter than moving or kicks, at least for me.

Have noticed many with this one.... I am glad because my son got them all the time and they can keep you awake.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"