Parenting after 35

My kid hates the gardeners

He used to lurrrrve them, even got gardening tools for his 2nd birthday, but decided the noise freaked him out about 6 months ago.

So we were just outside playing, had only been out for like 15 minutes, when we hear a leafblower from like a mile away.

DS runs towards the door, opens it, looks at me and says, "it's time to go inside. You can clean my hands then I can hide!"

Oddly enough he thinks tree trimmers are awesome, but gardeners on the ground are enough to make him trade being outside for going in. Weird.

Re: My kid hates the gardeners

• Stick out tongueLOL, at hiding with the dirty hands. It's funny what they become afraid of. Currently, no one else but dh and I will run the vacuum cleaner, everyone else is scared of the thing. And T is still scared of automatic flush toilets.
  • Charlie hates the vacuum too.  He cried and told me to PUT IT AWAY this morning.

I think it's because he so rarely sees it being used.  ;)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imageBrideBuddies:

Charlie hates the vacuum too.  He cried and told me to PUT IT AWAY this morning.

I think it's because he so rarely sees it being used.  ;)

Tristan is terrified of the vacuum! He won't even crawl past it...which has solved the problem of how to baby proof the closet its in :) 

• Ever since Aaron got the ear tubes put in and started HEARING (he had mild hearing loss at 20 decibels) clearly, he's been terrified by certain noises.

Lawnmowers. Leafblowers. Vacuums. Motorcycles. 

Just to name a few. You name it, he covers his ears and cowers. Wants to go inside and his heart literally POUNDS with fear. I got a Babycenter update on fears (for preschoolers/his age) and apparently it's common but can last for a long time. Not fun for when we go out and about now.

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!
  • Awww... poor Aaron.

BTW, I haven't told you this.. but I want to reach into that new picture and run my fingers through Aaron's curly hair!  It's so cute, since he's no longer a baldy!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • steverstever member
    Yeah, DS is cool with most loud things - loves big trucks, motorcycles, chainsaws as long as they're used up in the trees, and loves the vaccuum - it's almost a gardner specific aversion.
  • imageBrideBuddies:

Awww... poor Aaron.

BTW, I haven't told you this.. but I want to reach into that new picture and run my fingers through Aaron's curly hair!  It's so cute, since he's no longer a baldy!

Thanks BB!  He's actually had 4 haircuts since last September (his first at 25 months). LOL. It curls like crazy when it gets long and when it's humid?just like his mama!

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"