March 2012 Moms
Options

first day in cloth diapers

She's 2 months old and still in newborn sized disposables with no sign of out growing them soon. lol. So the cloth is a little bulky right now. But so far so good.

I had wanted to get her into them sooner but where she was early, I didn't have them yet (add me to the list of no one shopped my registry) and they are expensive. Much cheaper in the long run though, which is why we are doing them. I finally just ordered the covers on Friday. Got here yesterday. Already had all of my prefolds.

We'll see how well DH does now at changing her. He usually only has to change her once a day due to his work schedule and has no problems. I hope cloth isn't too complicated for his clumsy fingers. Smile

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Married: 1/2008 ~ DD#1: 3/2012
TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

Re: first day in cloth diapers

• Options
    Good luck! My diaper trial from Jillian's Drawers should be arriving tomorrow. My goals for CD'ing are 1) save money 2) cut down on blow outs 3) be environmentally friendly/keep chemicals away from LO. I am most worried about how it will go for us overnight. LO co-sleeps about 2/3rd's of the time and I do not want to be ruining my bed with leaky diapers or having to change the sheets in the middle of the night. 
    imageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We are now on to our 2nd child in cloth diapers.  Talk about saving some money!  DH changes the babies just as readily as I do just not as much since he works out side of the home.  We have found cloth to be pretty darn easy.  Good luck.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imageBabyBear12:
    Good luck! My diaper trial from Jillian's Drawers should be arriving tomorrow. My goals for CD'ing are 1) save money 2) cut down on blow outs 3) be environmentally friendly/keep chemicals away from LO. I am most worried about how it will go for us overnight. LO co-sleeps about 2/3rd's of the time and I do not want to be ruining my bed with leaky diapers or having to change the sheets in the middle of the night. 

Double stuff for night time and if a diaper leaks look for user malfunctions ;-) but also just try a different one next night.  I ONLY use my Bum Genius Pockets for over nights.  It took me a while to figure that out.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options
    I love CD'ing! I have been doing it for 3 weeks. It sure does save $$
    image image image Michael Madison III born on 3/29/12 at 7:40am. 7 lb., 13 oz, 20.5 inches. Emergency C-section due to umbilical cord prolapse.
  • Options

I ended up putting her in a disposable for nighttime. I fed her at 7:30 and put her down like normal. She normally sleeps until 3:30 or so. Nope. Was up at 9:15. Wet. So I put her in a disposable after that so we both could get some sleep.

Will be looking into soakers when she is a little older. She is so tiny that even the size 1 Thirsties Duo Wrap as small as they go and the prefolds are wicked bulky. Adding a soaker will just be insanely bulky. Once she is a bit bigger, it will be fine. I'm not getting different sized diapers just for the next couple of months. I only spend $100 on my diapers and covers and don't want to spend more until I need the bigger covers. So 1-2 disposable WM brand diapers a day isn't a huge deal to me. Better than buying special newborn cloth diapers.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Married: 1/2008 ~ DD#1: 3/2012
    TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

• Options
    shurjenshurjen member

BRAVE!!  My LO just turned 2 months and is still newborn size.  I am so excited to try out cloth diapers that I bought, but I haven't because she is so small.  So far my diaper stash is small because I wanted to try some out and then buy more, but the diapers I bought are one size so they look so big even on size small. 

I hope to be cloth diapering soon! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagediana.filipi:

Double stuff for night time and if a diaper leaks look for user malfunctions ;-) but also just try a different one next night.  I ONLY use my Bum Genius Pockets for over nights.  It took me a while to figure that out.

Thanks for the advice! Did you try fitteds and covers at all for overnight? I have read that those work well. Diapers are in the wash as I type. I will report back on what works for us over the next few days. For reference, my LO is 8wks and about 13.5lb, long but not too chunky.

imageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We love CDing.  Liam has been in CDers since 4 days old.  We use the kawaii over night diapers for night time.  He'll sleep for up to 7 1/2 hours as long as he doesn't poop.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    DS finally fits in our BG stash (they're one-sized ones but didn't fit well until now). I love his big fluffy booty!
    S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"